Juan Nicasio - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Juan Nicasio

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Juan Nicasio

Postby Montana168 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:44 pm

UPDATE: His next 3 starts are NOT against the 3 teams I mentioned due to them having a day off that I miscounted. He is penciled in to start Monday vs. Cleveland instead of Sunday vs. Detroit, which is great news. He will probably be playing the Yankees still that following Sunday (although if the Rockies move him back 1 day to Monday he would play the cubs). And due to him pitching this monday instead of sunday, he will not pitch in the white sox series at all and instead will likely face the Royals in the rockies series after that.

Great news obviously for Nicasio owners, he is definitely a must grab in all deep mixed leagues and is defintely startable minus the yankee outing.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby superjags99 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Didn't want to start a new thread about NIcasio, but wanted to see if anyone else has opinions on him after he has gotten a few more starts under his belt. I have to say his command intrigues me.

Also, that was a great 8 IP performance against KC on July 1.
superjags99
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mlbwire.com » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:27 am

He is a huge bargain this year...
-After getting off to a rough start following his call up last year (5.08 ERA in his first 6 starts), he adjusted and got into a grove while posting a 2.92 ERA in his final 6 starts.
-Of his 12 starts last year, he had 5 games where he pitched 7 innings or more and gave up 1 run or less (including games with 10 and 9 strike outs).
mlbwire.com
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby The Mighty Trow » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 am

I have him on my watch list... I might pick him up just to deny others the chance that he delivers.
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 am

Paid 9 bucks in an NL only so I'm glad to see some success. I'd definitely grab him if he's available, especially for all those games against the Giants/Dodgers/Padres.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby J35J » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:53 am

Skin Blues wrote:Paid 9 bucks in an NL only so I'm glad to see some success. I'd definitely grab him if he's available, especially for all those games against the Giants/Dodgers/Padres.

Yup, in all but shallow leagues he should probably be rostered. He's shown too much upside and success already to not at the very least spot start, if not just start everytime out.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers