Belt Up - Will he play OF or 1B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Belt Up - Will he play OF or 1B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Belt Up - Will he play OF or 1B?

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 pm

He's back.

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/6360/brandon-belt

No word yet on where he's going to play but I added him in every league. He was mashing since returning from the DL in the minors and still has a high ceiling, but it remains to be seen if he will get everyday at bats. Knowing Bochy, he might be coming off the bench 3 times a week to spell Ross in LF and Huff at 1B. Please do the smart thing Bochy and play the kid! :-D

EDIT: He's starting at 1B tonight, but was also playing in LF and RF in the minors.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:38 pm

question is, will he now play on a regular basis?
he hasn't exactly had much success with SF yet this season, does that change and he can now perform?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

Postby Montana168 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:31 am

Couldn't have asked for a better debut. So far tonight, hitting 6th, starting at 1B 2-4 with 1 run, 1 HR, 3 Rbi, 1 double. Solo HR in 1st at-bat vs. Rubby DLR. Then he hits a go ahead 2 rbi double with the bases loaded off the first pitch he sees from Hong-Chih Kuo to make it 5-3 giants. The Dodgers intentionally walked Cody Ross to load the bases and get to Belt, so the pressure was on and he delivered. Hopefully this buys him some playing time. ;-D
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am

word is that Belt was brought up to give Huff (back tightness) a few days off. so what happens then? Belt has been playing both LF and RF in the minors as well. so once Huff is able to return, do they really play Belt over Huff? can Belt get playing time in the OF over Schierholtz who has been hitting? maybe he can stick in LF? but does that change if the Giants are going after Beltran?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:32 pm

since his call back up, he hasn't really played that often. what was the point of calling him up if he wasn't going to get regular playing time?
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:59 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:since his call back up, he hasn't really played that often. what was the point of calling him up if he wasn't going to get regular playing time?

/Giants'd
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby Neato Torpedo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Yawwnnn....second most boring prospect in baseball right now (after Yonder Alonso). Call me back when Belt hits 20 HR. Over/under on that happening is set at 2013

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby Montana168 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah I don't understand the Beltran to giants rumors, where would bochy play him? He simply refuses to bench huff and ross for better bats :-X
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm

Montana168 wrote:Yeah I don't understand the Beltran to giants rumors, where would bochy play him? He simply refuses to bench huff and ross for better bats :-X

beltran would play left and i have to imagine huff's leash is getting short, even with bochy.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby Montana168 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:42 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Montana168 wrote:Yeah I don't understand the Beltran to giants rumors, where would bochy play him? He simply refuses to bench huff and ross for better bats :-X

beltran would play left and i have to imagine huff's leash is getting short, even with bochy.

Yeah I know, it was a tongue in cheek comment since Bochy refuses to bench mediocre bats to clear room for Belt to play everyday. So with the Beltran to Giants deal almost complete, will Belt get sent back to AAA? Or will Bochy come to his senses and bench/DFA Huff and his .655 OPS and let Belt and his 1.051 OPS since his recall (very small sample size) play every day at 1st?
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers