My Tex & Hanson for his Miguel Cabrera? WHIR GUARANTEED - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Tex & Hanson for his Miguel Cabrera? WHIR GUARANTEED

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Millhouse » Thu May 26, 2011 12:03 pm

SITUATION:
Mixed 6x6 keeper (OBP the extra batting category, hence my interest in Miggy over Tex). Bautista, Votto, Tex, Kemp, Cruz, Weeks, R.Davis, PIerre my core offense (Sandoval on DL). I'm 1st in AVG/HR/OBP/SB, 2nd in R/RBI. Out of first place overall by .5 points, all while essentially punting starters by having all closers (Axford, League, Salas, Santos, Walden, Melancon) and a stud middle guy (Mike Adams). So, I'm essentially punting K/wins for saves/WHIP/ERA. After de la Rosa went down, I now have one starter left, and he's a valuable one that lots of guys want: Tommy Hanson. I'm so far out in K's and wins, not even worth keeping a starter, I don't think.

OFFER:
His Miggy Cabrera & Lidge (trash throw in) for my Tex & Hanson.

Considering OBP as a category (where Miggy rocks), and Miggy's AVG upgrade with similar RBI/HR power to Tex, and my "punting starters" strategy which (knock wood) is working great so far, would you lose a stud starter like Hanson and Tex for Cabrera, even though on paper this might be a "win" for the other guy? Miggy would help me stave off competitors in OBP/AVG while keeping good power/runs. I'd prob drop Lidge for a flier on, say, Brett Lawrie or Trout (this is a keeper, might be worth stashing a potential young stud). Also, finally, Tex is sometimes prone to nicks and cuts, Miggy seems more durable.

LEAVE A LINK, WILL DEFINITELY HELP IN RETURN! Thanks. ;-D
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Tex & Hanson for his Miguel Cabrera? WHIR GUARANTEED

Postby Leesville Sluggers » Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Idont have any experience punting categories, so you can take this with a grain of salt, haha. Its like you said already.....this far into the season, its probably too late to come back from punting wins, so hanson is much more expendable than normal. I like this trade for you, especially considering your 6th category is OBP....miggy is a beast in that regard.

And who knows with lidge? Looks like he may be back in a few weeks, and there are rumors of him being traded, due to madsons success. No telling where lidge ends up, but its possible he lands another closer job with as many injuries and unknowns out there in the bullpens.

Like i said...youve come this far, so its too late to turn back. May as well continue to stack the odds in your favor offensively.
Leesville Sluggers
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jruffus1 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey thanks for the response.

Even though Miggy would clearly be an upgrade, both Tex and Hanson have major trade value. Basically, I think you might be able to get more for them than JUST Miggy.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

Postby Millhouse » Thu May 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Anyone else? My fingers are bleeding from responding to others....;)
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby V » Thu May 26, 2011 1:31 pm

jruffus1 wrote:Hey thanks for the response.

Even though Miggy would clearly be an upgrade, both Tex and Hanson have major trade value. Basically, I think you might be able to get more for them than JUST Miggy.

I agree with this. Miggy is good, no doubt, and this trade wouldn't -kill- you, but you can probably get more than JUST Miggy.
V
College Coach
College Coach

Postby medium_robin » Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 pm

If it's a keeper league, I say don't do it. If this strategy doesn't work you would be without any pitching and that could hurt you long term. I know keeping pitching is always risky but it's nice to have a guy to build around.
medium_robin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby RUnited » Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 pm

I think you can definitely get more than just Miggy. I'm pretty sure Hanson's worth a ton to anyone still vying for points in K's and W's. That person's obviously taking advantage of your situation and your obvious lack of need for a starter.

I'd try to milk this trade and get a closer that's actually active as a number one on a team... does he have Bailey? He's due back any day now and will go straight into closing. Madson's got phillies closer job completely locked down. Lidge has been garbage and will come back in relief. you won't get many points from him.

Thanks for your response on mine. I've replied in case you have more to add...
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Millhouse » Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks. Yeah, unfortunately he has no good closers (he's treating closers like I'm treating starters). I offered Tex/Henson for Adrian Gonzalez/Marmol but the guy went nuts and asked for Kemp, too. Insane. Might shop this package around and see what else I can land.
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby johnlee1986 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Def not worth it... due to the fact that you can get more for Tex and Hanson... If he had a sub-par closer then it would be worth it... but in your eyes your doing tex and hanson for miggy... for that combo i think u need a bit more...
If you have a question or like my responses follow me @_johnlee on Twitter
johnlee1986
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 26, 2011 2:36 pm

Gotta get more for this package. Tex's value is right where it should be, and Hanson's is at an all-time high. Try for more than a top bat and a closer, look for someone like Cargo/Crawford and possibly a good arm back, like Ian Kennedy or someone like that.

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431693
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions