Drop anyone for Ellsbury? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop anyone for Ellsbury? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop anyone for Ellsbury? WHIR

Postby RUnited » Thu May 26, 2011 5:46 am

Here's my outfield. We play in a points league with multi-base hits and RBI's rewarded slightly more than hits and runs. (Notable scores R +1, BB +1, RBi +1.5, 1B+1, 2B +2, 3B +3, HR +4, K -1, SB +1.5)

C Miguel Montero
1 Miguel Cabrera
2 Dustin Pedroia
3 Adrian Beltre
SS Rollins
OF Crawford
OF Jay Bruce
OF Bautista
Util Konerko
BN Choo
DL Victorino
DL Zimmerman

I'm slightly at a loss as to who to field day in day out in OF and don't want to keep switching my players around... I've left Crawford out of the line up all week and there he goes hitting 4 for 4.

Questions:
What should be my strongest team that I can trust?
Should I drop anyone for Ellsbury? Somehow he's still available on WW and I'm puzzled! But I can't decide who to drop for him and if I pick him up, what would be my best line up and who should go to the bench?

WHIR
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop anyone for Ellsbury? WHIR

Postby onitapgr » Thu May 26, 2011 9:03 am

That's pretty crazy, I think you have to drop Choo for Ellsbury.....or Beltre if you can play Bautista at 3B
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 am

onitapgr wrote:That's pretty crazy, I think you have to drop Choo for Ellsbury.....or Beltre if you can play Bautista at 3B

This is 100% correct. Dropping Beltre is option A, dropping Choo is option B, and both are strong and necessary options. BTW, how many teams are in this league? How can Ellsbury be on the wire he is a top 25 player? I guess just enjoy your good fortune and run with it.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby Singles » Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 am

When you put Victorino and Zimmermanon onthe DL who did you pick up? This must be a very small league to have that kind of team. You have @ 9 top 50 players. I'd want Victorino least of all out of your OF options including Ellsbury
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RUnited » Thu May 26, 2011 12:32 pm

I have the best outfield in the league, no doubt. There are 7 teams and I got this team together through some good fortune and lucky trading.

Someone dropped Crawford in April and I picked him up.

Then I managed to trade for Bautista.

Then I picked up Bruce from WW since most people in the league prefer brand name players.

My pitching is quite weak compared to the others though, and that's where I struggle most.

It seems opinions are quite divided between Victorino and Choo. I can't decide either!

I only have one spot for DL, so Victorino is on bench...

If I pick up Ellsbury he will go the bench immediately. I just think I should hog him rather than let someone else pick him up!!
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Millhouse » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Hate to be That Guy but 7 team leagues are pretty, well, silly. Sorry. Everyone's got an All-Star team and it pretty much comes down to dumb luck.

Ok, mean old man rant aside, I'd say drop Beltre, move Bautista to 3B and add Ellsbury and his zillion steals. Not sure why Beltre is even rostered in a 7 teamer.

See mine? Thx. Mother NatureSweet says: “I like dips as much as the next Earth goddess. But I love my surprisingly sweet Sunbursts without dips even more.”
Millhouse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby RUnited » Thu May 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Millhouse wrote:Hate to be That Guy but 7 team leagues are pretty, well, silly. Sorry. Everyone's got an All-Star team and it pretty much comes down to dumb luck.

Ok, mean old man rant aside, I'd say drop Beltre, move Bautista to 3B and add Ellsbury and his zillion steals. Not sure why Beltre is even rostered in a 7 teamer.

See mine? Thx. Mother NatureSweet says: “I like dips as much as the next Earth goddess. But I love my surprisingly sweet Sunbursts without dips even more.”

We live in Thailand and to have 7 people following baseball in a league is quite a lot, trust me.

I agree luck has a lot to do with it and everyone's got a super star line up. Mine's slightly better than most though in the batting department and I'm just trying to eliminate the least useful OF.

I don't get why everyone hates Beltre. I can't even trade him for a cheap pitcher eventhough he's ranked 4th in 3B position in my league. I would never drop him on a free. Vultures with McGehee as 3B will pick him up in a heartbeat, but won't pay for him in a trade.

Choice is pretty much down to Victorino and Choo. I'm leaning on Victorino because of his age and injury concerns.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RUnited » Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Update: I've dropped Victorino for Ellsbury.

I think Choo's still to heat up and when he does I want him on my team. Victorino's consistent, but I have no place for him on the team anymore if Crawford and Beltre keep hitting.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions