fair trade? Longoria for Hanson/Gordon - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

fair trade? Longoria for Hanson/Gordon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

fair trade? Longoria for Hanson/Gordon

Postby ToddMB875 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

this trade was accepted in my league

my view was that Alex Gordon/Tommy Hanson was just not enough to land Longoria...thought they could add a little more to the trade so I vetoed it!
ToddMB875
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: fair trade? Longoria for Hanson/Gordon

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 am

I think this deal is fine, Hanson has been really good and Gordon has had a solid year. It would be helpful to know who will be replacing Longoria and what other player will be picked up to even the trade out but I see no collusion in this trade so no way could I veto it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby jpbusta » Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 am

I would take Longoria over Hanson/Gordon all day. However I'm not sure if it's veto material.

Longoria's been cold at the plate and Hanson and Gordon have been excellent so far this season.
Unfair but not veto material imo. Extreme case of selling low and buying high.
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ToddMB875 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:38 am

well I just dont value Gordon...yes he's played well for a month...but most of his career has been a complete dud...Hanson I'll give is a top of the line pitcher...I just said the deal needs to be a little more juicy on the gordon/hanson side!
ToddMB875
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 25, 2011 11:03 am

ToddMB875 wrote:well I just dont value Gordon...yes he's played well for a month...but most of his career has been a complete dud...Hanson I'll give is a top of the line pitcher...I just said the deal needs to be a little more juicy on the gordon/hanson side!

The problem is that you are then trying to run the guys team. It might not be a good deal but unless there is collusion or the trade is extremely bad (Longoria for Bruce Chen kind of trade) then you shouldn't veto it. Part of the fun is trying making deals that might not look great but having a gut feeling and hoping it turns out good. Longoria is not playing well right now and maybe Gordon gets hot again and end of the season this trade doesn't look that bad. I have made a lot of deals in the past and taken grief (but not vetoed) only to win the deal in a landslide by seasons end. So let the guy run his own team.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby ToddMB875 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:39 am

ok talked me into it...I swapped the players on the teams...thus allowing the trade
ToddMB875
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigoz89 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:45 pm

That was the right move Todd. It isn't a terrible trade, although I would never make it myself, unless getting longo! ha1 It definitely is not collusion so you have to let it through.
bigoz89
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions