Is Volquez done for the year? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Is Volquez done for the year? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Volquez done for the year? WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am

I have Edison Volquez in a 16 team, 30 man roster, 4 keeper league. He is obviously not a keeper, but pitchers are important in my league and would be grabbed up if he has any chance of coming back. Is he done for the year? Should I just cut him and count my losses, either way I hate seeing his name on my roster. Kind of answer myself with that last comment, anyway thanks for your help.
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Volquez done for the year? WHIR

Postby Jackwagon » Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 am

I've been asking myself the same question. Decided I can't afford to hide him on my bench until he gets it right. Hope it doesn't bite me in the ass, Ed's got a great arm and is still a young guy.
Jackwagon
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Is Volquez done for the year? WHIR

Postby jonboycubs » Thu May 26, 2011 7:11 am

Yeah I went ahead and dropped him and picked up, Micheal Morse who then hit me a 3run homer, but I am hoping it does not come back to haunt me either
"I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform." Ryne Sandberg
jonboycubs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 1094)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates