POS pitching:who to trade Uggla for or pick up off wire WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

POS pitching:who to trade Uggla for or pick up off wire WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

POS pitching:who to trade Uggla for or pick up off wire WHIR

Postby KaPluie » Wed May 25, 2011 1:08 am

With Jorge out for the season, my already weak pitching is royally screwed. Take a look for yourself (I've already replaced JDLR with Morton):

SP - Cole Hamels (SP, 60)
SP - Francisco Liriano (SP, 83)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP, 93)
RP - Jose Valverde (RP, 130)
P - Anibal Sanchez (SP, 277)
P - Charlie Morton (SP, 889)
P - Travis Wood (SP, 303)
Bench - Chris Narveson (SP, 342)
Bench - Tim Stauffer (SP, 225)
Bench - Johnny Cueto (SP, 212)
DL - Brad Lidge (RP, 275)
DL - Phil Hughes (SP, 259)

I've got a few options. Here are some guys on waivers: Javier Vázquez, Aaron Harang, Rick Porcello, Jake Arrieta, Dillon Gee, Mike Minor, Freddy García, James McDonald, Kevin Correia, Fausto Carmona, Randy Wolf, Jeremy Guthrie, Clayton Richard, Mark Buehrle, Jason Vargas, Tom Gorzelanny.

Also, I've been playing around with the idea of trading Uggla. I thoroughly believe he'll get it all together this year and has a lot of value... would a return of Roy Oswalt, Dan Haren, Lohse, or Kuroda be decent return? I can move Young to 2nd base, and insert Gordon at 3rd base. Another option might be to trade Holliday for someone like Kershaw or Hanson.
As always, I will help in return, leave a link! WHIR,LL 110%

Here is the rest of my team:
League: 12 teams, Daily H2H, 6x6, Keeper

Roster Size: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batter Scoring: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
Pitching Scoring: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, Quality Starts

YRank = Yahoo! preseason overall ranking
C - Alex Avila (C, YRank=349)
1B - Joey Votto (1B, 5)
2B - Dan Uggla (2B, 34)
3B - Michael Young (1B/2B/3B, 76)
SS - Elvis Andrus (SS, 100)
OF - Corey Hart (OF, 98)
OF - Alex Gordon (3B/OF, 287)
OF - Matt Holliday (OF, 21)
Utility - Astrubal Cabrera (SS, 192)
Bench - Bobby Abreu (OF, 117)
Bench - Brett Gardner (OF, 120)
Last edited by KaPluie on Wed May 25, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: POS pitching:who to trade Uggla for or pick up off wire

Postby angels7777 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:49 am

No way you get hallway or harem in return for Uggla
5x5 H2H, NK 10 tms

C-
1- Fielder
2- Carpenter
3- Wright
SS- Desmond
OF- J. Upton, Trout, Heyward
UTL- Werth
BN- E. Cab
SP- Hamls, Gio, Latos, Tehran, D. Salzar, Lirano, Grza, Kluber, Lincum, Lacky
RP- Cishek, Veras, Soria, Brothers, Hawkins
DL- Crain
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 500)

Postby billycent » Wed May 25, 2011 4:51 am

I would hold on to Uggla as I agree he will get it going pretty soon here and I don't think that your team can afford to lose his power. I'd try to shop Gordon while he's playing well (his 3b eligibility should help w/3rd being so shallow) for a decent starter... I don't think u necessarily need to go out and get an ace. A Jonathan Sanchez/C.J. Wilson type guy would work just fine. If nobody bites on Gordon then maybe shop Young. Thnx for the help on mine.
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kaiser » Wed May 25, 2011 7:57 am

KaPluie wrote:
I've got a few options. Here are some guys on waivers: Javier Vázquez, Aaron Harang, Rick Porcello, Jake Arrieta, Dillon Gee, Mike Minor, Freddy García, James McDonald, Kevin Correia, Fausto Carmona, Randy Wolf, Jeremy Guthrie, Clayton Richard, Mark Buehrle, Jason Vargas, Tom Gorzelanny.

Also, I've been playing around with the idea of trading Uggla. I thoroughly believe he'll get it all together this year and has a lot of value... would a return of Roy Holliday, Dan Haren, Lohse, or Kuroda be decent return?

Mike Minor would be the pest upside SP pickup, IMO.

You're not getting Halladay for Uggla. You might land Haren, and certainly could get Lohse or Kuroda, but I wouldn't want either of those two guys over Uggla.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 431)

Postby pangbones » Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 am

Id see what you can get for Uggla, but I wouldn't move him unless you get a top 12-15 pitcher. Someone like Kershaw, or Tommy Hanson. But I doubt you'll get fair value for him right now. I would probably try and either trade someone else, like Gordon, for a Kuroda, who is always underrated for whatever reason, or someone like that. Otherwise, just play the wire and the matchups.

Here is mine
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431587
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby KaPluie » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 am

kaiser wrote:
KaPluie wrote:

Also, I've been playing around with the idea of trading Uggla. I thoroughly believe he'll get it all together this year and has a lot of value... would a return of Roy Holliday, Dan Haren, Lohse, or Kuroda be decent return?

Mike Minor would be the pest upside SP pickup, IMO.

You're not getting Halladay for Uggla. You might land Haren, and certainly could get Lohse or Kuroda, but I wouldn't want either of those two guys over Uggla.

Yeah, I meant Oswalt not Halladay
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RenT » Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 am

Thanks for the help on mine. If you can get Haren for Uggla, I'd do that. The other poster is right though... I'm not sure your hitting can withstand the loss of his power. Maybe just try to play matchups with some of those FA pitchers for now... quite a few serviceable names there to get you through until you can 1)find one that emerges as a regular for you from that bunch or 2)are able to work out a deal that wouldn't negatively impact your hitting as much. Hope this helped.
RenT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BlueJaysFan » Wed May 25, 2011 6:12 pm

If u can afford to drop Abreau or Gardener, I'd pick up Porcello. I think he's the best pitcher available from the ones you mentioned. As for trading, I would definitely explore what Uggla can land you, but wouldn't trade him unless you get a top 10 pitcher in return. I think a guy like J. Garcia would be good value. He is definitely playing like a top 10 pitcher this year, if not top 5. Another deal I would recommend, is Gordon Abreau or Gardener for Ogando; he's a stud!
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby KaPluie » Wed May 25, 2011 6:30 pm

BlueJaysFan wrote:If u can afford to drop Abreau or Gardener, I'd pick up Porcello. I think he's the best pitcher available from the ones you mentioned. As for trading, I would definitely explore what Uggla can land you, but wouldn't trade him unless you get a top 10 pitcher in return. I think a guy like J. Garcia would be good value. He is definitely playing like a top 10 pitcher this year, if not top 5. Another deal I would recommend, is Gordon Abreau or Gardener for Ogando; he's a stud!

What about Garcia + Polanco for Uggla
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BlueJaysFan » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I love that deal! Polanco won't give as much power as Uggla, but will be better in other categories, like Batting %. I would personally do a straight up deal of Garcia for Uggla, but if you can get this one, you will win by a lot.
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions