Tough Trade Question - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tough Trade Question - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tough Trade Question - WHIR

Postby alexeroberts » Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 pm

5x5, 11 Team Mixed, "Keep Your 5 Best". CI, MI, 5 OF, just one C.

My Team: Martin, Fielder, Kinsler, Desmond, Longoria, Lowrie, Reynolds, Holliday, Kemp, Pence, Crisp, Moreland, Helton. Hamels, Marcum, Nolasco, Billingsley, B Wilson, Kimbrel, Gregg, Putz. Bench: Tim Hudson, Dempster, Liriano, Craig Allen.

TRADE: Crisp + Billingsley for Polanco + Ethier.

My Needs: I am looking for BA help and solid offensive production. I have a sick amount of steals. My WHIP and ERA are kinda week, but Bills is not a stand out in either category. And in my league pitching is easier to pick up off the waiver wire than hitting.

I know I can do Crisp for Polanco straight up, and I like that deal, but it will thin out my OF too much.

Concerns - is polanco going downhill from here? do i really need to trade for 2 "3 category" players like this? I guess Ethier is more like 3.5 categories as he will reach close to 20 bombs.

thanks for your help. will help in return.
alexeroberts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tough Trade Question - WHIR

Postby lbblue » Tue May 24, 2011 11:59 pm

You do need to keep in mind that there probably isn't a player on the wire that is going to be as reliable as CBills. He can be spotty but generally at the end of the year the numbers are pretty decent. You can always stream by picking up guys with good matchups but that's hit and miss.

If you're comfortable giving him up, though, I'd do it. Ethier will give you the solid offensive production you're looking for and would add to your already formidable OF. Not sure about Crisp for Polanco but I wouldn't worry too much about weakening your OF by moving Crisp.
lbblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ahcryky » Wed May 25, 2011 12:05 am

I like this trade for you. Crisp can't stay healthy, and pitching, like you said, can be found during the year.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bea Arthur » Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 am

I would hold. I think that would weaken your pitching and Either is a bit overrated IMO. I like what you have now. Polanco really isn't that big of an AVG upgrade over CoCo, who has yet to really go on one of his tears.

Help w/mine? viewtopic.php?t=431558
Bea Arthur
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions