Rios,Ogando,Lilly,Baker for Cain,Norris, Jansen?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rios,Ogando,Lilly,Baker for Cain,Norris, Jansen?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rios,Ogando,Lilly,Baker for Cain,Norris, Jansen?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Tue May 24, 2011 10:12 pm

16 team auction type league, 24 man rosters, H2H, keeper league, points league with pitchers getting more points on avg than bats. If you want I can list the point system. Help me out and I will help you if you leave your links!

I have been offered Alex Rios, Alexi Ogando, Ted Lilly, and Scott Baker for my Matt Cain, Bud Norris and Kenley Jansen. What do you guys think? Same money on both sides so the trade would be equal money wise.

My Team:

C-Olivo
1B-MCab
2B-Phillips
SS-Hanley
3B-Walker
OF-Kemp
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Hart
UTI-Joyce
BN-Maybin
BN-Carlos Lee
BN-Byrd

SP-Cain
SP-Lowe
SP-Volstad
RP-Rodney
RP-Feliz
P-Norris
P-Wolf
BN-Chen
BN-Tillman
BN-Jansen
BN-Gonzalez
DL-Esmil Rogers

Then if I do this deal I could move Kemp in a deal for Cliff Lee, maybe.....what do you think about that too? It would be Cliff Lee and Alfonso Soriano for Kemp and Carlos Lee.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1210)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rios,Ogando,Lilly,Baker for Cain,Norris, Jansen?(WHIR)

Postby pre1322 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm sticking with Cain here, my friend. Rios does not inspire much confidence in me...he's just too volatile from year to year. Even when he was putting up good numbers, there were years when he was elite in a category other than what you drafted him for. You're basically getting 2 of whatever the fantasy equivalent of innings-eaters are and a kid who has been pitching great but is also buoyed by some good luck and likely will have the kid gloves on. A good haul for Cain if it was with someone other than Rios. He's my dealbreaker here though. I like your team better with Kemp and Cain than with Rios and Lee...much better.
pre1322
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby BlueJaysFan » Tue May 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I really like the first deal for you. You are getting one of the best pitchers this year (Ogando) and a guy who should pick it up (Rios), for practically just Cain. I`m not too high on the 2nd deal though. as Soriano hasn`t gone yard for a month.
BlueJaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby alexeroberts » Tue May 24, 2011 11:52 pm

kidsilk wrote:16 team auction type league, 24 man rosters, H2H, keeper league, points league with pitchers getting more points on avg than bats. If you want I can list the point system. Help me out and I will help you if you leave your links!

I have been offered Alex Rios, Alexi Ogando, Ted Lilly, and Scott Baker for my Matt Cain, Bud Norris and Kenley Jansen. What do you guys think? Same money on both sides so the trade would be equal money wise.

My Team:

C-Olivo
1B-MCab
2B-Phillips
SS-Hanley
3B-Walker
OF-Kemp
OF-Adam Jones
OF-Hart
UTI-Joyce
BN-Maybin
BN-Carlos Lee
BN-Byrd

SP-Cain
SP-Lowe
SP-Volstad
RP-Rodney
RP-Feliz
P-Norris
P-Wolf
BN-Chen
BN-Tillman
BN-Jansen
BN-Gonzalez
DL-Esmil Rogers

Then if I do this deal I could move Kemp in a deal for Cliff Lee, maybe.....what do you think about that too? It would be Cliff Lee and Alfonso Soriano for Kemp and Carlos Lee.

HMMM. tough trade. first off, i do not trade matt kemp for cliff lee. I know this is not 5x5, so i guess the point system matters, but i imagine kemp is a top 5 hitter. he will likely finish as a top 10 hitter. 290-30-100-100-35 seems likely. and that's just disgusting! lee is great but has been a bit more erratic this year. you gotta be getting a top 5 SP to trade a guy like kemp, and Lee is not a top 5 SP this year. I'm assuming it's a weekly league too? that makes pitchers slightly less valuable since u can bid on some junky two start guys for each week.

now for the biggie...this is tough. how dependent are points on wins? if a lot it tilts the deal in the favor of YES. Lilly i think will turn it around and put together a real nice second half. And Baker has shown some consistency this year. Ogando / lilly / baker will get you more W than Cain / Norris, and in a 16 team league having pitching depth like that is helpful. I dont see Jensen as that valuable - he may not even close and then he has little value even in a 16 team league. Rios - the wildcard. no way he'll be this bad all year, right? you get a solid 3 OF and will provide your current OF with some more depth. Maybin / Lee/ Byrd is not the best bench, I guess it's not bad in a16 team league.

Net Net, if you wanna take a slight risk, I think you pull the trigger. If you can't afford to, sit tight with the best player in the deal (cain).

help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=431556
alexeroberts
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby HOOTIE » Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 am

BlueJaysFan wrote:I really like the first deal for you. You are getting one of the best pitchers this year (Ogando) and a guy who should pick it up (Rios), for practically just Cain. I`m not too high on the 2nd deal though. as Soriano hasn`t gone yard for a month.

I disagree on the just Cain part.
Norris imo, is as good, or better then Ogando.
I like Ogando. Ogando has the better stats right now.
But when i look at K/9, huge adv Norris, and xFIP, adv Norris.
I think Norris will be as good, and probably better then Ogando going forward this year.

Cain is the best player in deal, and Norris is close to the 2nd best.
Not a Lilly or Rios fan.

It's your team, you know my thoughts on Kemp for C Lee.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Singles » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 pm

1. I'd stick with the Cain side.

2. I would not deal Kemp for Lee. You could use a SP upgrade but losing Kemp would really weaken your OF. How drastic is the point advantage for pitchers?
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sigriffey » Wed May 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I like Ogando, but I feel like you're getting a lot of filler in this deal when you could probably get two very good players for him and be better off. Lilly and Baker don't do much for me, and Rios is a big tease. I'd probably hang onto Kemp too. Just look and see if you can get two good pieces for Cain if u deal him.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby DrDC » Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

Ogando's doing well so far this year, but he hasn't pitched enough innings to be a sure thing. Cain, on the other hand, is a proven stud. I would not do this deal.
DrDC
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JJGBPD » Wed May 25, 2011 7:50 pm

I think I would stick with Matt Cain too. Ogando has been good but his BABIP has been good and he's due to crash back to earth soon. Then again, they have been saying that for a few weeks. I'd keep Cain.
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigoz89 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:24 pm

I would stand pat. Ogando is going to get shut down at some point and I am not a Rios fan at all. You said that pitchers get the most points in this league, well you are giving up the 2 best pitchers in this deal in my opinion.

Thanks for the help.
bigoz89
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions