5/24 Cheering, Venting and the Luckiest Man in Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/24 Cheering, Venting and the Luckiest Man in Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

5/24 Cheering, Venting and the Luckiest Man in Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 24, 2011 3:00 am

I'm posting from my phone, so I'll keep it short, David Eckstein short. The monitor on my laptop has decided not to work anymore, but I didn't want to miss my first official Venting and Cheering thread. More importantly, since starting my last thread, my only team this fantasy season has jumped from 15th to 11th place. And obviously the jump in the standings was due to staring one of these threads.

The luckiest man in baseball isn't Ricky Romero who currently tours radio programs with his Miss America girlfriend. She won't be Miss America next year. Brett Tomko is a pretty lucky guy. Tomko turned himself into Joaquin Benoit last year, got a huge contract and is now Brett Tomko again. But the luckiest man in baseball right now is Alexi Ogando. Ogando went to Vegas last year, bet everything on blue and still won. Trade him if you got him.

Vent away!
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 213)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/24 Cheering, Venting and the Luckiest Man in Baseball

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 24, 2011 3:18 am

I'm actually drinking one of those banana milks right now. They'r so good. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Tue May 24, 2011 6:52 am

Cueto/Chacin/Verlander, starting them all. Anyone got stats on the second game of a doubleheader? I would like to think the advantage has to go to pitchers.....
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 771)

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 24, 2011 7:09 am

Can't decide if I should start Cueto after seeing what the phillies did to Arroyo last night. :-{
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CharlatanSin » Tue May 24, 2011 7:21 am

I drafted Asdrubal Cabrera in 2009, when he was at the top of my sleeper list. He put together a solid campaign. I drafted Asdrubal Cabrera in 2010. He struggled at first, then was starting to put it together and got hurt.

I did not draft Asdrubal Cabrera this year -- rather, Yunel Escobar was my SS sleeper. But toward the end of April, when Asdrubal got dropped, I couldn't help myself and I made room on my roster for him. Sorry, Yunel, but I think I came out a winner on this one.

Obviously he's not keeping up this pace and hitting 30 dongs, but 20/20 looks like a good bet. This is his 3rd year as a starter, and that combined with a change in approach means I'm confident that the new and improved Asdrubal is the real deal.

Fearless prediction: .290/20HR/95R/75RBI/20SB. So: where would that put him on the SS hierarchy? 4th at a minimun, right?
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kab21 » Tue May 24, 2011 7:23 am

pitch em if you got em - Romero in NYY is scary though - maybe he sits

Verlander, Romero and Bills in H2H
Beckett and Romero in roto
Haren and Holland in the 24 tm monster

I do have a choice on Wednesday though. TWood or wait for Garza (injury?) later in the week (weekly lineup for starters that lock when they pitch).

Asdrubal has outperformed Yunel but Yunel is exceeding expectations imo. Asdrubal x 1. Yunel x 3. I can't complain.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 187)

Postby CharlatanSin » Tue May 24, 2011 7:30 am

kab21 wrote:Asdrubal has outperformed Yunel but Yunel is exceeding expectations imo. Asdrubal x 1. Yunel x 3. I can't complain.

Indeed. I agonized over the decision for a while before I made it. If I had held Yunel, I'd still be making good profit on his draft position, but I'd be kicking myself for not making the switch.

Come to think of it, the guy who dropped Asdrubal eventually picked up Yunel. I'd be interested to hear his side of the story.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:18 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:I'm posting from my phone, so I'll keep it short, David Eckstein short. The monitor on my laptop has decided not to work anymore, but I didn't want to miss my first official Venting and Cheering thread. More importantly, since starting my last thread, my only team this fantasy season has jumped from 15th to 11th place. And obviously the jump in the standings was due to staring one of these threads.

The luckiest man in baseball isn't Ricky Romero who currently tours radio programs with his Miss America girlfriend. She won't be Miss America next year. Brett Tomko is a pretty lucky guy. Tomko turned himself into Joaquin Benoit last year, got a huge contract and is now Brett Tomko again. But the luckiest man in baseball right now is Alexi Ogando. Ogando went to Vegas last year, bet everything on blue and still won. Trade him if you got him.

Vent away!

I was sure you were going to state that wr was the luckiest man in baseball, fantasy at least. He should come crashing down to the pack by July. ;-)
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:I'm posting from my phone, so I'll keep it short, David Eckstein short. The monitor on my laptop has decided not to work anymore, but I didn't want to miss my first official Venting and Cheering thread. More importantly, since starting my last thread, my only team this fantasy season has jumped from 15th to 11th place. And obviously the jump in the standings was due to staring one of these threads.

Vent away!

I was sure you were going to state that wr was the luckiest man in baseball, fantasy at least. He should come crashing down to the pack by July. ;-)

I'm assuming mid-June is when I'll be shopping Casey Kelly to him ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby lastingsgriller » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 am

Jay Bruce is awesome. Prince Fielder is awesome.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers