Pujols for Tulo straight up. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pujols for Tulo straight up.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pujols for Tulo straight up.

Postby Bolthead04 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:09 am

In a 1 year league, is this worth it?

Pujols for Tulo straight trade. Then I can move Berkman/Hosmer over to 1B and use alexi ramirez as trade fodder?

I'm not feeling it, but I figured I'd see what all everyone's thoughts are.

The league is 12 team H2H.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On Base Percent (OBP)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings

C - Brian McCann
1B - Albert Pujols
2B - Dustin Pedroia
3B - Mark Reynolds
SS - Alexi Ramirez
OF - Jason Werth
OF - Carlos Quentin
OF - Matt Joyce
Util - Lance Berkman
BN - Coco Crisp
BN - Nick Swisher
BN - Eric Hosmer
DL - Ryan Zimmerman

SP - Shaun Marcum
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Francisco Cordero
RP - Ryan Madson
P - John Axford
P - Michael Pineda
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Jhoulys Chacin
BN - Mat Latos
BN - Bud Norris
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pujols for Tulo straight up.

Postby lefthandedforlife » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 am

If it suits your team I can see it opening up some space for you but I'm not really feeling it. I would not do it. I own Pujuls in a 1 year league and I'm keeping him unless I get an amazing offer. I don't think that would benefit you a whole lot if any.

Help me out;
viewtopic.php?t=431454
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

Postby redbeard86 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:35 am

eh... i wouldn't do it but wouldn't go against you if you decided to
redbeard86
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby rjforlife » Tue May 24, 2011 6:16 am

Since you can move the guys around with the spots you create it really is a 1-1 trade. So, who performs better from here on out? Who the hell knows. This one is all about personal opinion. Go with your gut. If you want my opinion, I think Tulo will be better than Albert for the rest of the season. Living in St. Louis, I watch all the games and Pujols isn't right. His stance has changed, and he just isn't extending his arms the same way and hitting the ball with the same power. I realize he hit a HR tonight, but he also hit two balls to the track in right center. The first one he thought was out but it was actually barely to the wall. Last season those balls were both out. His opposite field power was a big thing for him, and he simply doesn't have it right now. The HR he hit looked like he crushed it and a it BARELY made it over the wall at the 357 sign. He certainly has the ability to turn it around, but it may take too long to be able to outproduce Tulo this season. Like I said, it's up to you. I would do it, but it's apples and oranges in the end. Which do you prefer?

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431461
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1283)

Postby Bolthead04 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 am

rjforlife wrote:Since you can move the guys around with the spots you create it really is a 1-1 trade. So, who performs better from here on out? Who the hell knows. This one is all about personal opinion. Go with your gut. If you want my opinion, I think Tulo will be better than Albert for the rest of the season. Living in St. Louis, I watch all the games and Pujols isn't right. His stance has changed, and he just isn't extending his arms the same way and hitting the ball with the same power. I realize he hit a HR tonight, but he also hit two balls to the track in right center. The first one he thought was out but it was actually barely to the wall. Last season those balls were both out. His opposite field power was a big thing for him, and he simply doesn't have it right now. The HR he hit looked like he crushed it and a it BARELY made it over the wall at the 357 sign. He certainly has the ability to turn it around, but it may take too long to be able to outproduce Tulo this season. Like I said, it's up to you. I would do it, but it's apples and oranges in the end. Which do you prefer?

Help:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431461

That's why I'm worried. Pujols has *always* turned it on after a slump, but he's just not looking right. I wanted to draft Tulo in the first place, so it fits what I'm feeling. I can't move Berkman in my league, so I'll platoon him and Hosmer. And then, I guess I'd have to move Alexi if I could.

The trade isn't a steal or anything, but it seems to work out for me even if both Tulo and Pujols produce, so I like it. I'd just kick myself if Pujols came back with a vengeance or Tulo got hurt. ;-7
First Year-First Team

Last Week: 9-2-0
Overall: 141-80-10 (16-5 by the week)
Bolthead04 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sigriffey » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 am

I'm fairly confident in the production you will get from homer and Berkman. What makes this tough is that Pujols is bound to improve at this point and Alexei tends to heat up around this time of year. Trow in Tulo's injury concerns here or there and it's a tough call. I might sooner go fishing with a buy-low on Hanley but I am in the minority there.

If you do it, I am confident in your replacement 1B and I wouldn't fault u fo going after the player you like and wanted. So it's lower risk than it seems. But I could see Pujols heating up too

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431490
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 314)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions