My Hanson/Ogando for Cruz. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Hanson/Ogando for Cruz. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Hanson/Ogando for Cruz. WHIR

Postby DerekBDoherty » Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Giving up Hanson and Ogando for Nelson Cruz. Agreed in principal, just need to propose/accept. Anyone think this is a particularly bad move for me? I have a lot of pitching, and desperately need to add a power bat, preferably in the OF.

14 Team, 5x5 H2H. Keep up to $130 out of $260 salary each year, one-and-done deals at same salary, three year guaranteed Ks for small raises, one year extensions for slightly larger raises.

C - M. Montero ($11)
1B - J. Morneau ($27)
2B - G. Beckham ($13)
3B - A. Beltre ($21)
SS - J. Rollins ($25)
OF - A. McCutchen ($30)
OF - L. Morrison ($7)
OF - A. Torres ($5)
UTIL - F. Gutierrez ($5)

B - J. Willingham ($5)

SP - J. Weaver ($16)
SP - T. Hanson ($25)
RP -
RP -
P - S. Marcum ($8)
P - B. Anderson ($15)
P - M. Latos ($15)

B - Y. Gallardo ($20)
B - C. Billingsley ($12)
B - G. Floyd ($5)
B - A. Ogando ($5)
B - J. Masterson ($5)
B - J. Peavy ($5)
B - J. Teheran ($5)

*Cruz is at $29.
DerekBDoherty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Hanson/Ogando for Cruz. WHIR

Postby mktgteach » Mon May 23, 2011 1:43 pm

You have the depth. However, if you let your league know that those guys were available, I'd be interested in seeing what was offered. Cruz comes back today from the DL, so I'd wait and see. You need OF help, yes. I think that for two stud SP's you may be able to get someone more reliable than Cruz.

Help....viewtopic.php?t=431376
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Re: My Hanson/Ogando for Cruz. WHIR

Postby DerekBDoherty » Mon May 23, 2011 2:13 pm

mktgteach wrote:You have the depth. However, if you let your league know that those guys were available, I'd be interested in seeing what was offered. Cruz comes back today from the DL, so I'd wait and see. You need OF help, yes. I think that for two stud SP's you may be able to get someone more reliable than Cruz.

Help....viewtopic.php?t=431376

Thanks. I have made clear that all my SP are up for trades if it is a somewhat fair trade and I get a top-notch 1B or OF. Most have been unwilling to consider moving a top bat... Crawford is about the only other player I have found who has an owner willing to talk about moving him. Would have to give up a bit more to swing that (he isn't high on Hanson, would probably require Weaver + another SP).

If Cruz is healthy (an IF for sure), I think he absolutely rakes in Texas all summer. At this point, I just don't know if Crawford bounces back. Ellsbury has the lead off spot locked up, and without an injury to him or Pedroia I don't see Crawford finding a comfortable spot in that line-up. Even if he starts hitting the ball better, I don't see him putting up the kind of SB numbers he had in TB.

*Also, I think this is a great time to sell on Ogando. He has been a stud so far, but I certainly don't consider him a "stud" going forward.
DerekBDoherty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions