kab21 season1 edition1 - this thread is going to be a collector's item someday so make sure you bookmark it.
First let's get some of the important stuff out of the way.
Taiwan is getting hammered again by rain and it's no different in the US. Boston at Cleveland and Tampa at Detroit are the riskiest games tonight but there is rain all over the midwest and northeast (even a little in Texas). Today's Games - Today's Weather - Bullpen Report - Press Pass
I really don't like the streaming matchups today. The best imo is the Pavano/Vargas duel of pathetic offenses.Logan Morrison bandwagon
Hmmm.... Wasn't there a thread about wrist/hand injuries and the lack of power for 1-2 years afterward?Prospect watch
- just hitters this weekMike Moustakas
- .313/.405/.597/1.002 in MayJesus Montero
- so far suffering a power outage but that will changeAnthony Rizzo
- numbers have dipped ONLY hitting .348/.416/.712/1.128 in MayDesmond Jennings
- displaying power, speed, plate discipline and defense in AAA - it's only a matter of timeBrandon Belt
- Back to killing the ball in AAA after a rough April in SFBrett Lawrie
- nobody thinks he can play defense but he is enjoying Las Vegas - .997 OPS as a 21 yr oldProspect profiles
- everybody knows about the top prospects but how about some second tier guys that might come up this yearKyle Gibson
- 4.25 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 23.5% K rate, 4.5% BB rate and a 55% GB rate
The 4.25 ERA might be deceiving but he has an above average K rate, BB rate and GB rate this year. The Twins are a mess this year and Kevin Slowey (injured again?) is the next pitcher to be promoted to the rotation. But sooner rather than later Gibson will be promoted. Nobody should expect him to be an fantasy ace but he could be similar to the Angels version of John Lackey.Kyle Blanks
Will Rizzo be promoted when/if Hawpe is traded? I'm guessing it will be the more experienced player. Yonder Alonso
Broke out in the 2nd half of 2010 and hasn't slowed down. Wait... Didn't he break his hamate bone in 2009? One of the Reds options when they grow tired of Heisey and Gomes in left field.Todd Frazier
Nobody knows where he is going to play but he appears to be behind Alonso in LF and Francisco (1.066 OPS in AAA) at 3B. 3B might be a mess on your fantasy team but help is on the way with Moustakas, Lawrie, Chisenhall and possibly Frazier expected to be promoted this season. Frazier has glove, will travelDevin Mesoraco
Completing the Reds theme for the week is a catcher that is completely blocked by a pair of solid veterans. But that doesn't mean that he couldn't be a valuable deadline trade chip for the Reds (2.5 GB) and get promoted to his new team.