Cahill for Heyward ... Nunez for Gordon- WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cahill for Heyward ... Nunez for Gordon- WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cahill for Heyward ... Nunez for Gordon- WHIR

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm in an 18 team standard H2H dynasty league. I was actually talking to another team about dealing for Jayson Werth, and he asked if there was anyone he could trade me for Trevor Cahill - one of the players he mentioned was Jason Heyward. Obviously Heyward would be a great addition to my team, particularly in a dynasty league. In terms of value I'm fairly certain I'd be winning this deal, but I don't know if it makes sense for my team since my pitching is below average already.

Current SPs: Cahill, T Hudson, Chacin, Kuroda, Bedard, Garland, Pavano, Narveson

Current OFers: Braun, Hamilton, Abreu, Gutierrez

So, on pure value alone, should I make this deal? Or will it weaken my staff too much? Leave a link and I'll be happy to return the favor.

Edit: Bonus question! Separate league (this is a 12 team H2H dynasty league with 6x6 scoring (OPS and holds)), but I figured I'd put both questions in one post. Feel free to answer only one if that's all you have an opinion on.

Anyways, this offer is my Leo Nunez for Alex Gordon. In this league we start different OF positions, so I'm looking at Gordon to fill my LF spot. I've currently been using Bay and Abreu there. I know Gordon has faded since his hot start, but he's still a good, young talent that could help my squad. I've got several closers aside from Nunez (Storen, Soria, Putz, Francisco) so I don't think his loss would hurt me all that much. What do you guys think?
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cahill for Heyward ... Nunez for Gordon- WHIR

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sun May 22, 2011 11:54 pm

second question is easier first yea since ur so deep at closers you could be getting a top 25 outfeilder for a closer i like that

first question little more goes into it i like whatd u be getting but trevor is ur ace iono if heyward is worth that and the slow start compared to trevor being godly id need some sort of pitcher back as well i like ur idea though i mean long term its gonna be nice but cahill is 23 you got 5 years of what he does now atleast
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sun May 22, 2011 11:55 pm

viewtopic.php?t=431329 sorry forgot to leave my link LoL
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby smoovethug » Mon May 23, 2011 12:35 am

[x] Yes
[x] Yes

Pretty good time to buy low on Heyward while he's under-performing/injured IMO. In a dynasty he should be money for you for the foreseeable future. You're right when you say it weakens your staff, especially losing a young pitcher. You should still be able to compete this year though, especially if Bedard continues his reemergence, while Chacin is a nice pitcher to build around for the future.

Your relief core is pretty stacked here and losing Nunez shouldn't hurt too bad. Gordon has cooled some from his start but is still a nice guy to have in a dynasty.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby angels7777 » Mon May 23, 2011 12:41 am

1st question is tough, as it would require you to offer up an outfielder for a pitcher again IMO. My question is: can you trade Hamilton or Heyward for a better pitcher than Cahill?

Second question is probably a solid deal and chance I would take on Gordon.

viewtopic.php?t=431352
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 63)

Postby whitheadsuxs » Mon May 23, 2011 1:03 am

whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks for the responses so far everyone - all links have been responded to. I made the Nunez/Gordon deal. Still considering the bigger one though... Heyward just went on the DL, though in a dynasty that doesn't factor into my decision as much as it normally would. To answer a question from above, I don't know if I could deal an OF for an ace. If I traded for Heyward I certainly wouldn't flip him; Hammy is interesting, though I expect most people will want to see him produce again before considering making a deal.

I'll respond to any new links in the morning. Thanks again! ;-D
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby HOOTIE » Mon May 23, 2011 4:06 am

I think you undersold Nunez. I would have went Francisco or Putz.
Cahill for Heyward is a steal. Yea, your SP takes a hit.
But you don't pass up this.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions