Still time to sell on Liriano? What are you thinking? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Still time to sell on Liriano? What are you thinking?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Still time to sell on Liriano? What are you thinking?

Postby KaPluie » Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I've been shopping Liriano around for a couple weeks ... but put it on hold after his last start because it looked like he was finally starting to come around. I watched today's game, and he looked pretty weak. He let up a few long balls to the warning track which could have easily gone for homers in most parks. Are people still thinking selling low on Liri is the way to go? Numbers wise, he had a decent day. I could probably still flip him for Soria ... however my SPs are a bit sketchy, so it would help me tremendously if he turned it around and was a solid top-150 player.

Team
----------------
League: 12 teams, Daily H2H, 6x6, Keeper

Roster Size: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batter Scoring: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, SLG
Pitching Scoring: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, Quality Starts

YRank = Yahoo! preseason overall ranking
C - Alex Avila (C, YRank=349)
1B - Joey Votto (1B, 5)
2B - Dan Uggla (2B, 34)
3B - Michael Young (3B/2B, 76)
SS - Elvis Andrus (SS, 100)
OF - Corey Hart (OF, 98)
OF - Alex Gordon (3B/OF, 287)
OF - Matt Holliday (OF, 21)
Utility - Brett Gardner (OF, 120)
Bench - Bobby Abreu (OF, 117)
Bench - Astrubal Cabrera (SS, 192)

SP - Cole Hamels (SP, 60)
SP - Francisco Liriano (SP, 83)
RP - Jonathan Papelbon (RP, 93)
RP - Jose Valverde (RP, 130)
P - Edwin Jackson (SP, 276)
P - Jorge De La Rosa (SP, 191)
P - Travis Wood (SP, 303)
Bench - Rick Porcello (SP, 728)
Bench - Tim Stauffer (SP, 225)
Bench - Johnny Cueto (SP, 212)
DL - Brad Lidge (RP, 275)
DL - Phil Hughes (SP, 259)
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Still time to sell on Liriano? What are you thinking?

Postby billycent » Sun May 22, 2011 8:48 pm

I say hang tight man. I just bought low on him myself... actually take a look at mine and see what you think. Anyway he has soo much skill and nasty stuff and is bound to turn it around, and he has def shown signs of life lately. It is never a good idea to sell low on somebody of his caliber that no doubt cost you a upper half of the draft pick. I say keep him out there on the trading block but unless somebody offers you something u can't refuse hold onto him and enjoy the bounce back later this season (hopefully beginning sooner rather than later). Hope this helps. Here's the link for mine just to give you an idea of what he could bring you right now.

viewtopic.php?t=431328
billycent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 pm

i say roll with it as well i mean its to the point of how much worse can it get before it gets better im doing it with justin morneau

help with mine please viewtopic.php?f=26&t=431329
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KaPluie » Sun May 22, 2011 11:20 pm

I don't know man ... I watched his game today, and he looked terrible. He ended with decent enough stats, but he was really fighting himself all game, and it was pure luck he didn't give up 10 runs. I've tracked all his games this year, and the only good start I remember was last week, which came on long rest. Even the no hitter was a pretty dicey game. If he doesn't have his head together, that can be fixed, but I'm hoping its not a fundamental issue with his arm. Sometimes that just happens with pitchers.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sun May 22, 2011 11:30 pm

i see what u mean but you cant sell these guys very easily adam dunn liriano chris carpenter there like stocks that were found doing illegal business or somthin no one wants them and those who do dont wanna pay nothin and i mean nothin for him i just gave micheal young for carl crawford str8 up to the kid in last place

just throw out there hes on the block and if anyones intrested let them get at you you going and selling liriano just makes him look even more worthless

because whatever deal you throw at someone with liriano for this person or whatever means thats what ur willing to accept so then all your gonna get back is even lower value deals counterd than what u were willing to accept
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KaPluie » Sun May 22, 2011 11:34 pm

whitheadsuxs wrote:i see what u mean but you cant sell these guys very easily adam dunn liriano chris carpenter there like stocks that were found doing illegal business or somthin no one wants them and those who do dont wanna pay nothin and i mean nothin for him i just gave micheal young for carl crawford str8 up to the kid in last place

just throw out there hes on the block and if anyones intrested let them get at you you going and selling liriano just makes him look even more worthless

because whatever deal you throw at someone with liriano for this person or whatever means thats what ur willing to accept so then all your gonna get back is even lower value deals counterd than what u were willing to accept

One guy in my league is already interested in swapping his Soria for my Liriano ... obviously great return is Liriano plays like crap the rest of the year, and a bad return if he turns it around.
KaPluie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sun May 22, 2011 11:38 pm

okay but with valverde and your other homeboi papelbon and then lidge on the dl isnt that enough saves ?
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions