Josh hamilton coming off DL...which OF to drop? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Josh hamilton coming off DL...which OF to drop? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Josh hamilton coming off DL...which OF to drop? WHIR

Postby Jose Ole » Sun May 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey all,

So I'm in a 10-team rotisserie league (currently 6th place). Scoring categories are H, R, RBI, SAC, SB, CS, AVG, OBP, SLG. There are 5 starting outfield spots, not RF/LF/CF specific, just 5 OF slots. Here are all my current valid OF players:

Martin Prado (I like his 2B/3B/OF versatility, and he is batting .288 on the season with 29 R, 6 HR, 28 RBI, 1 SB)
Matt Holliday (No way I'm dropping him. Hopefully he gets though these quad problems quickly)
Johnny Damon (I am second to last in the league in SB, and he is a decent source. Batting .269 with 19 R, 7 HR, 28 RBI, 6 SB)
Coco Crisp (Again, a great source of stolen bases although he's been getting caught a lot too. Batting .268 with 22 R, 2 HR, 15 RBI, 13 SB)
Bobby Abreu (He's been picking up steam recently. Also a decent source of SBs. Batting .268 with 19 R, 2 HR, 19 RBI, 7 SB)
Carlos Lee (He's been OK this season, seems to be picking it up. Batting .244 with 22 R, 4 HR, 23 RBI, 2 SB)
Carlos Beltran (Been hitting pretty well this season. Batting .281 with 21 R, 8 HR, 25 RBI, 0 SB)

Here's a general idea of how I stand in the league:
(Points are out of 10, so an 8 = 3rd best in the league, etc.)
H: 8
R: 5
HR: 4
RBI: 6
SAC: 8.5
SB: 2
CS: 3
AVG: 8
OBP: 5
SLG: 4

And with Josh Hamilton coming off the DL, I need to drop someone. If I was going to drop a pitcher, it'd be Carpenter (which kills me, I'm a Cards fan...other pitchers are Lee, Lincecum, Oswalt, Kuroda, Garza, De La Rosa, and my relievers are Putz, League, and Marmol). I do have two catchers (Molina and McCann), but I like being able to start one when the other is taking a day off, and both are doing well this year. So I think my best bet is to drop one of my outfielders. I guess I was leaning towards Damon/Abreu/Lee...is it too early to give up on doing well in the SB category in my league? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Jose
Last edited by Jose Ole on Sun May 22, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jose Ole
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Josh hamilton coming off DL...which OF to drop?

Postby ahcryky » Sun May 22, 2011 6:30 pm

I would be dropping Damon out of that group of OF's...... Crisp will never stay healthy and would be my second choice.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Josh hamilton coming off DL...which OF to drop? WHIR

Postby Joscellin » Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Out of that group I would probably drop Crisp, though I'm not really happy about it.

To be honest, you really need to package and move some of those guys since you have a goodly number of starting-quality players that get to ride your bench.
Joscellin
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Crisp would be my choice to drop.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby zubaz4fans » Sun May 22, 2011 7:51 pm

drop crispy. he'll prob get injured, and even so, you can always find someone decent enough on the wire just like crisp.

viewtopic.php?t=431323
zubaz4fans
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Jose Ole » Sun May 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone, it sounds like Crisp or Damon is the general consensus...I'm surprised more people didn't say Abreu, but I guess his power will come in handy down the stretch. I doubt I'll be able to make much progress with SB this season, so is it worth just giving up on that category?

(I have 31 SB, the #1 team has 64. Worst team has 27.)

Thanks,

-Jose
Jose Ole
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions