Is Matt Joyce for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Matt Joyce for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Matt Joyce for real?

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue May 31, 2011 5:40 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
jpbusta wrote:8th dinger off verlander. This guy's unstoppable!!(only against righties.. :-D )

This is because Maddon thinks he will mess with Joyce's swing and confidence by playing him against lefties because he loves his matchups. Time to let Joyce play everyday. He will have his up and downs against lefties, but he deserves to play everyday regardless of the pitcher and I still think he puts up solid numbers.

8-o A blast from the past. Good to see you Dee
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
jpbusta wrote:8th dinger off verlander. This guy's unstoppable!!(only against righties.. :-D )

This is because Maddon thinks he will mess with Joyce's swing and confidence by playing him against lefties because he loves his matchups. Time to let Joyce play everyday. He will have his up and downs against lefties, but he deserves to play everyday regardless of the pitcher and I still think he puts up solid numbers.

Thanks Man :-D

Got a new job and I work a lot. Still come through a read, but don't have the time to post a lot.

Padsin05 - it won't frustrate the guy, trust me. It frustrates him to not play everyday.

If anyone hasn't noticed - he has played the last two games against lefties - last night 2/4 with an RBI and tonight 1/2 with a bomb off of CJ Wilson so far. Let him play everyday ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

Thanks Man :-D

Got a new job and I work a lot. Still come through a read, but don't have the time to post a lot.

Padsin05 - it won't frustrate the guy, trust me. It frustrates him to not play everyday.

If anyone hasn't noticed - he has played the last two games against lefties - last night 2/4 with an RBI and tonight 1/2 with a bomb off of CJ Wilson so far. Let him play everyday ;-D

They need to keep him behind Longoria regardless of matchups. This guy's unstoppable. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Padsin05 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:46 pm

yah hes really screwing up my rotation, being able to hit lefties and all.

The way Morse and Nix are hitting as well, its hard to bench either of them if Wash is playing a righty (Nix). My other OF'ers are JUpton (never bench) Werth, EYjr, Pagan, Franceour

Its easy for me to bench Frenchy, but I am chasing steals, so Pagan/EY/Werth/Upton are starters, with Joyce/Nix/Morse/Butler filling out the CI/OF5/DH spots, I guess my new platoon should be of Nix/Butler
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers