Help With a Bautista Trade. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help With a Bautista Trade. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help With a Bautista Trade. WHIR

Postby Hargy » Sun May 22, 2011 4:20 am

League Type: H2H, Non-Keeper, 21 Player, +1 DL
Batting Categories: Runs, Hits, RBI, RH, Average, SB
Pitching Categories: IP, Win, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

-My Roster- (2-4)
Hitting:
C Russell Martin(NYY - C)
1B Carlos Santana(Cle - C,1B)
2B Brandon Phillips(Cin - 2B)
3B Álex Rodríguez(NYY - 3B)
SS Hanley Ramírez(Fla - SS)
OF Melky Cabrera(KC - OF)
OF Hunter Pence(Hou - OF)
OF Matt Joyce(TB - OF)
Util Colby Rasmus(StL - OF)
BN Jason Heyward(Atl - OF)
BN Willie Bloomquist(Ari - 3B,SS,OF)
DL Brian Roberts(Bal - 2B)

Pitching:
SP Brandon Morrow(Tor - SP)
SP Félix Hernández(Sea - SP)
RP John Axford(Mil - RP)
RP Jordan Walden(LAA - RP)
P Cole Hamels(Phi - SP)
P Aaron Harang(SD - SP)
P Brian Duensing(Min - SP,RP)
BN Jhoulys Chacin(Col - SP,RP)
BN Justin Masterson(Cle - SP,RP)
BN Edwin Jackson(CWS - SP)

-His Roster- (1-4-1)
Hitting:
C Geovany Soto(ChC - C) DL
1B Billy Butler(KC - 1B)
2B Dan Uggla(Atl - 2B)
3B José Bautista(Tor - 3B,OF)
SS Troy Tulowitzki(Col - SS)
OF Jayson Werth(Was - OF)
OF Martín Prado(Atl - 2B,3B,OF)
OF Alfonso Soriano(ChC - OF)
Util Jason Kubel(Min - OF)
BN Denard Span(Min - OF)
BN Elvis Andrus(Tex - SS)
BN Derrek Lee(Bal - 1B) DL
BN Michael Cuddyer(Min - 1B,2B,3B,OF)
BN Danny Valencia(Min - 3B)
DL Joe Mauer(Min - C) DL

Pitching:
SP Francisco Liriano(Min - SP)
SP Jorge De La Rosa(Col - SP)
RP Jonathan Broxton(LAD - RP) DL
RP Huston Street(Col - RP)
P Carl Pavano(Min - SP)
P Joel Hanrahan(Pit - RP)
P Rafael Soriano(NYY - RP) DL

As you can see his team is heavily plagued by injuries. Therefore, I want to take advantage of that and get Bautista for as cheap as possible because I'm a dickhead like that. From the looks of his roster you can obviously see that he's either only playing to say that he plays fantasy or he really just doesn't know baseball at all. I want to test his seriousness towards actually competing in the league and start with a dirt cheap offer and work my way up. Martin will no doubt be apart of it just because he's in dyer need of a catcher. Just looking for some ideas.
Hargy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help With a Bautista Trade. WHIR

Postby JJGBPD » Sun May 22, 2011 4:49 am

Offer Russell Martin and a pitcher.... he needs pitching. Take whoever you think has the least value... Duensing? Harang? Add them with Martin and offer it up... what a joke if you could get Bautista for that! How many teams in your league? He seems to be a Twins fan with 7 Twin players... offer up Duensing!! LOL
JJGBPD
College Coach
College Coach

Postby aardvarks » Sun May 22, 2011 4:51 am

Pence and Martin should do it or maybe adding a low end starter perhaps Masterson or Harang.

My .02
aardvarks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 87)

Postby Hargy » Sun May 22, 2011 5:22 am

He's definitely a Twins fan. haha. I would have offered up Duensing for that very reason but I dropped him to pick up Anibal Sanchez and forgot to update that roster. What I did was offer up Martin and then threw in Jackson and Harang. Both of which will help him out and are easily replaced by me.
Hargy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jruffus1 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am

I dont think that anyone in their right mind would trade Bautista for Martin, Harang, and Jackson. Thats like trading the hottest hitter in baseball for a middle-class catcher and two lower-end pitchers. You are going to have to at least offer Martin and one of your ace pitchers (i'd try Hamels).
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby ahcryky » Sun May 22, 2011 11:50 am

You don't trade for Bautista......... Any owner that has him isn't going to let him go......... If you own him then you trade him for needs. If this manager is truly hurting, he would be the one sending out offers. It would take an ace and at least a top 20 bat to get him in any "real" league............. Anyone that owns him knows he is the number 1 player in fantasy. Looking at your team it would take a Hamels/Felix and Rodriquez type trade, and they probably wouldn't even accept that right now.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:52 am

You're not going to be able to buy low on Bautista now. If anything, you'd have to overpay for him with the way he's crushed the ball all season.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Hargy » Sun May 22, 2011 2:44 pm

ahcryky wrote:You don't trade for Bautista......... Any owner that has him isn't going to let him go......... If you own him then you trade him for needs. If this manager is truly hurting, he would be the one sending out offers. It would take an ace and at least a top 20 bat to get him in any "real" league............. Anyone that owns him knows he is the number 1 player in fantasy. Looking at your team it would take a Hamels/Felix and Rodriquez type trade, and they probably wouldn't even accept that right now.

Both of his catchers on DL, half his team are Twins players, and he essentially doesn't have a pitching staff. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's hurting, he's 1-4-1 right now. Not all that sure how you can say he's not hurting.

And, I'm aware that the likely hood of him taking a couple of my lowball offers is slim, but why not try and take advantage of a situation?
Hargy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jruffus1 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Its worth a shot, but you should definitely consider a more realistic offering as a plan B.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)

Postby ahcryky » Sun May 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Hargy wrote:
ahcryky wrote:You don't trade for Bautista......... Any owner that has him isn't going to let him go......... If you own him then you trade him for needs. If this manager is truly hurting, he would be the one sending out offers. It would take an ace and at least a top 20 bat to get him in any "real" league............. Anyone that owns him knows he is the number 1 player in fantasy. Looking at your team it would take a Hamels/Felix and Rodriquez type trade, and they probably wouldn't even accept that right now.

Both of his catchers on DL, half his team are Twins players, and he essentially doesn't have a pitching staff. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he's hurting, he's 1-4-1 right now. Not all that sure how you can say he's not hurting.

And, I'm aware that the likely hood of him taking a couple of my lowball offers is slim, but why not try and take advantage of a situation?

There are basically NO catchers that are producing even top 100 numbers in production for fantasy this year. Just because he doesn't have a catcher playing isn't killing his team. But go ahead and low ball..... Usually all that does is pisses off the other manager and kills any future deals for yourself, even if later you send a fair offer, the damage is usually done.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions