Why don't vets use the DTKW forum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Postby J35J » Fri May 20, 2011 10:38 pm

cs3 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
wrveres wrote:commissioners corner should be one thread, stickied to leftovers. just like the closers thread.

i never venture that far from leftovers. i never go to commish corner. but, id probably be likely to click the thread if it got a hit in leftovers. i can't explain it, but its just the way it is. id probably even answer a few questions in there.

Agree completely. ;-D

+2
commish forum is pretty much ignored.
a sticky in leftovers is a great idea.

+3

I think stickying some threads instead of having completely different forums for them is a good idea. The closers thread gets as much attention in that thread alone as other whole forums do but it stays a sticky and doesn't get broken out into a whole new forum. We should bring in other less visited forums and just sticky them here....commish corner, minors, game commentary, predictions, etc
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 21, 2011 12:00 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Well to be honest...... this year I seem to have about 10% of the patience I usually have, so I'd imagine I'd answer a lot of the DTKW posts with "cool story bro" O:-)

And I don't usually post my trades over there, because I'm not interested in someone I've never heard of basically saying "Yes, help with mine?" :-b :-b ........."Yes, help with mine" is about as helpful to me as answering my post by trying to sell me Louis Vuitton wallets and Juicy Couture :-b :-b :-b

I can help you get a good price on jerseys, if you need an answer to your question. MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL, sadly no foot...erm, soccer.

Yes, but are they cheap and high quality? ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 19)

Postby Ender » Sat May 21, 2011 9:56 am

I don't find much use in it either. Every league is different and you can almost never give a good answer to any close trade because it really depends on league settings and who is on the FA list and who is already on teams etc. If a trade is just obviously one sided people don't really need the advice and if the trade is close there is no real way to judge it without seeing the entire league. Every time I go there I end up not really having much of an opinion on most of the trades.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby J35J » Sat May 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Ender wrote:I don't find much use in it either. Every league is different and you can almost never give a good answer to any close trade because it really depends on league settings and who is on the FA list and who is already on teams etc. If a trade is just obviously one sided people don't really need the advice and if the trade is close there is no real way to judge it without seeing the entire league. Every time I go there I end up not really having much of an opinion on most of the trades.

This.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 393)

Postby rjforlife » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 pm

J35J wrote:
Ender wrote:I don't find much use in it either. Every league is different and you can almost never give a good answer to any close trade because it really depends on league settings and who is on the FA list and who is already on teams etc. If a trade is just obviously one sided people don't really need the advice and if the trade is close there is no real way to judge it without seeing the entire league. Every time I go there I end up not really having much of an opinion on most of the trades.

This.

Noobs are unsure of themselves. If you go in there and say, "this is an awful trade", or "do this now", they will start to get an idea what's a good deal and what's not and the sheer number of useless trade questions will start to be eliminated, thus making the forum a more challenging yet rewarding place to post because you are actually helping people make tough decisions.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Sun May 22, 2011 3:22 am

rjforlife wrote:
J35J wrote:

This.

Noobs are unsure of themselves. If you go in there and say, "this is an awful trade", or "do this now", they will start to get an idea what's a good deal and what's not and the sheer number of useless trade questions will start to be eliminated, thus making the forum a more challenging yet rewarding place to post because you are actually helping people make tough decisions.

It might be a good idea that the 'Leftovers Experts' put together a general "What You Need to Know For Trading" thread stickied in DTKW, so that n00bs can learn from it, will be able to make good decisions for themselves, and help out each other more effectively.
At least there'll be no 'Should I trade Choo for Soriano WHIR' questions.

And encourage them to visit Leftovers and read stuff, even if they dont understand what we talking about.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers