Why don't vets use the DTKW forum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 19, 2011 5:24 pm

I frequent the DTKW forum for my own trade advice, and usually respond to 10+ of other people's while I am there. I also just peruse sometimes to check out who's going for what, and try to answer 5-10 questions while I am over there. What I don't understand is why none of the vets really go over there. I mean, I see Hootie,JP, and Smoove sometimes but outside of that there are almost all people with 0-500 posts in there. It's a little discouraging because the people who use this board most often generally have gleaned the most info and knowledge about fantasy baseball and the DTKW forum is where people need that knowledge.

Honestly, the whole point of the Cafe is to play better fantasy baseball, and what that really involves is pickups, trades, and keepers. At this point the drafts are done so the only thing left is pickups, trades, and keepers. I personally think it would be great for the site if some of the vets who post all day in Leftovers would venture over to DTKW every now and then and throw some advice at some of the newer members who need some help on a trade, or even a vet who just isn't 100% on a pickup. Don't get me wrong, the site is a godsend and I have enjoyed it these 8 years, I just want to see more and more people becoming more knowledgeable and enjoy the game even more. ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why don't vets use the DTKW forum?

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Leftovers is bookmarked, DTKW is not, and I don't have room for both :p

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm no vet, but I do my fair share of answering questions over there, and I can tell you that it's easy to get burned out when you end up addressing basically the same question 5-6 times a day.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby Matthias » Thu May 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Because there's no value to it. It's not interesting. You're not going to learn anything. And if you spend time reading Leftovers, you're not going to take the advice of random other person on a pick up or a trade. And, at the end of the day, I don't really care whether or not some random stranger trades Adam Dunn for Grady Sizmore. Why would I? There's some interest to me in talking about how Adam Dunn will generally do because I can draft him or trade for him myself and because the underlying discussion as to why people think he's going to do whatever is interesting to me.

I'll let the ADHD keep the DTKW. And I'll stay in Leftovers.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Matthias wrote:Because there's no value to it. It's not interesting. You're not going to learn anything. And if you spend time reading Leftovers, you're not going to take the advice of random other person on a pick up or a trade. And, at the end of the day, I don't really care whether or not some random stranger trades Adam Dunn for Grady Sizmore. Why would I? There's some interest to me in talking about how Adam Dunn will generally do because I can draft him or trade for him myself and because the underlying discussion as to why people think he's going to do whatever is interesting to me.

I'll let the ADHD keep the DTKW. And I'll stay in Leftovers.

My point is that vets should go over there to HELP OTHERS. I realize spending 5 minutes over there is a great burden to you but people in that forum really need a couple of solid, well informed opinions. They need you Mathias. Help them, just a little bit each day and you will be a better person. Spread your knowledge, even one or two posts a day could make a huge difference.

P-P-P-Please?
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RyeWhiskey » Thu May 19, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm not a "vet" like some others around here, but I'll occasionally respond to the first 10-15 threads in DTKW forum if I've got some free time. That said, if I have a thread in there that's active I respond to just about every thread on the first page. WHIR is WHIR after all...
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Thu May 19, 2011 6:12 pm

WHIR?!
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu May 19, 2011 6:23 pm

General laziness, I used to respond before just because I found that answering questions was a better way to prep than wasting time on projections spreadsheets. I don't really have time to do it these days.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby saemick » Thu May 19, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm not as tenured as some veterans in here, but have been around a while. And honestly, I drop in on the DTKW a couple times a week to help out when I can. And actually go there for my own questions before I make just about any move. Sure, I am confident in my squad/ moves/ trades, but it always helps to get some alternative insight to things. And in turn, I enjoy lending a helping hand to others as well. ;-D
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 pm

saemick wrote:Sure, I am confident in my squad/ moves/ trades, but it always helps to get some alternative insight to things. And in turn, I enjoy lending a helping hand to others as well. ;-D

Good work, that is exactly what that forum and this site should be all about. ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers