Stubbs for Bruce - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Stubbs for Bruce

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Stubbs for Bruce

Postby zomberg » Fri May 20, 2011 12:53 am

Newkie wrote:Some people do drop good top 100 players for younger talent. I picked up Beltre in round 1 this yr, so I know there will be other Beltres out there next yr. The big advantage with having 3 first rounders (Which I have now) is I can stock pile on good SP's like Cahill, Bucholz, Shields, and Garza types of talent, while still bringing Lee, Liriano and Anderson into the rotation as keepers.
And to finish this chapter, Yes, I Iike Stubbs better too, but not a first round snub better. What Bruce lacks in the SB department, he picks up in the other departments. Hopefully.

Thanks all

P.S. Now someone just offered me Gallardo and a 5th for Bruce and my 8th. That is this managers highest remaining pick, so maybe someone else can give me a tad better. Although Gallardo is coming around.

Not a huge Bruce fan, as you can see from my beating on him incessantly. He hasn't even eclipsed the 30 HR barrier yet, so I'm not ready to christen him as the next Dunn with AVG...

Still, I'd keep him over Gallardo in that deal. A 5th round pick in your league won't have much of a surprise factor to it the way some 1st round picks can, and Gallardo's walk rate will stop him from becoming a star.
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Fri May 20, 2011 3:06 am

zomberg wrote:
Not a huge Bruce fan, as you can see from my beating on him incessantly. He hasn't even eclipsed the 30 HR barrier yet,

People have such unfair expectations.
Bruce was 23 last year, and the 1st year he played at least 110 games.
Not comparing him to anybody, but Bruce is smacking hrs at a better rate the JR did in his 1st 4 seasons.
Bruce is fine. 25 hrs at age 23. Very few in that active company.
And he's playing in a pitchers era.
This guy has 35+hr power. Not a doubt in my mind.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Newkie » Fri May 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Well the offers are flooding in.
Delmon Young
Josh Johnson
and a 5th rounder

for Bruce
Tomlin
and my 3rd rounder

also
Hunter Pence
and a 3rd rounder

for Bruce
and my 5th

I can adjust the picks if you feel it helps. Ask for a first or second for Pence, or give him a 4th or a 5th for Bruce and an 8th in the first offer.
What do you think?
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions