Are Zito/Oswalt worth it?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are Zito/Oswalt worth it??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davegod2 » Mon Mar 10, 2003 5:55 pm

Boomhower wrote:Yo man, y'all don be himmer hammin bout the roto league or point league man. I done been hammin' on Oswalt and Zito damn near 2 year down at himmer site try da maka me hummiin' pay sandbox site man.

I'm not gun frammin pick on upandown Zito way too early man. Dat um Oswalt he done flippin hammin it for he whole creer inna damn shoebox, man. Oswalt's a hammin stud anneve better he a damn Texan taboot, ya know.

?????????
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
davegod2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MUEcon » Mon Mar 10, 2003 8:57 pm

well i am gonna go ahead and say that they are worth it...i personally just dont feel comfortable without an ace what so ever...so i pretty much do best player avalibe while tring to land the best pitcher i can in the first 3 rounds and would definatly take oswalt or zito in the 2nd round assuming i got that big bat or somebody like helton or mags is not gone...its all about the flow but i have to have an ace B-)
i appreciate your input!
MUEcon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby jwhands » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:15 pm

Zito yes, Oswalt no. Oswalt is gonna have an injury plagued season, just watch.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Wolf Howl » Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:58 pm

Dave - I think he is doing his best impersonation of a character off the television series "King of the Hill". Actually pretty good. lol
Wolf Howl
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:03 pm

jwhands wrote:Zito yes, Oswalt no. Oswalt is gonna have an injury plagued season, just watch.

Why is that? Certaintly any sp is a injury waiting to happen, and Oswalts size is a concern. But just as concerning is the ton of innings on Zito as a 22-24 year old.
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby davegod2 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:00 am

Wolf Howl wrote:Dave - I think he is doing his best impersonation of a character off the television series "King of the Hill". Actually pretty good. lol

ROFLMAO!!!
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
davegod2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby gogiants » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:27 am

Hootie nailed it. Any starting pitcher is an injury waiting to happen. Unless you can get the big three, i wouldn't draft a starter till round 4-5-6. Zito is the hot A this year, but Hudson could(some say should) outpreform him. Oswalt is good, as are the others we are talking about, but to answer the main question here, all these guys are probably going to early. Year in and year out, after the big three, the second tier pitchers move up and down quite a bit. There are probably 10-12 pitchers that you could throw a blanket over, pick one and have as good a shot at having the fourth best starter as anyone. Use these early round picks to solidify your bats, which are more predictable.
"Walk Softly and carry a Big Stick"

-Theodore Roosevelt
gogiants
College Coach
College Coach

Postby timkell » Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:59 am

johnnyblack, i think you got the wrong guy. davegod was quoting people and hardly said anything, other than ROTFLMAO.

It was Boomhower who was talking authentic prairie gibberish. That's the new FLB language. Better learn it, yo. Ghetto was last year's slang. Now it's prairie talk that en vogue.

!+)
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Mar 11, 2003 6:00 am

Heh, I did the Boomhower post.

I was set to reply to the thread, and saw I wasn't logged in so I just typed some BS 'cuz I thought it was funny at the time.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jwhands » Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:35 pm

Easy answer. Zito has a larger frame than Oswalt. His body can take the innings. Also, Oswalt is more of a power pitcher than Zito. Zito has a very easy delivery, so there is less wear on his arm. He may have put in a lot of innings over the last couple of years, but his pitch counts are always very low.
Jody, Jody Davis. Hits 'em high and far. Jody, Jody Davis. He's a superstar. Holy Cow!!!! http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers