5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The music that gets my heart started in the morning is........

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2011 6:06 am

Music? WTF
4
21%
R&B
2
11%
Thrash metal
1
5%
Bubblegum pop
3
16%
Rick Astley, of course
0
No votes
ZEPPPELLLIINNN ZOMG YES!
9
47%
 
Total votes : 19

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby jpbusta » Thu May 19, 2011 10:33 am

lastingsgriller wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:2004: LAD trade Franklin Gutierrez and PTBNL for Milton Bradley



remember when some folks around here were arguing that Fragu was a better player and deserved MVP over Miguel Cabrera? that was funny. :-b

in unrelated news, Eric Hosmer hit another homerun.


Gordon was leading off and Hosmer was hitting 3rd. Was someone sitting out? or is he going to keep batting 3rd?

I just traded away Konerko so now I can start Hosmer at util. :-D
Image
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2988
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: West Lafayette

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby nsulham » Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 am

Verlander/Beckett should be a fun one.

Personally sitting Chacin against the Phils. He's been prone to the occasional hiccup inning when his control goes on him and I want no part of that tonight.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 19, 2011 11:30 am

nsulham wrote:Verlander/Beckett should be a fun one.

Personally sitting Chacin against the Phils. He's been prone to the occasional hiccup inning when his control goes on him and I want no part of that tonight.

Philly isn't the scary offense they used to be. They're still one of the Top 10 offenses in the league, but barely (Baseball Monster has them 8th so far this year).
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24805
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby nsulham » Thu May 19, 2011 11:36 am

bigh0rt wrote:
nsulham wrote:Verlander/Beckett should be a fun one.

Personally sitting Chacin against the Phils. He's been prone to the occasional hiccup inning when his control goes on him and I want no part of that tonight.

Philly isn't the scary offense they used to be. They're still one of the Top 10 offenses in the league, but barely (Baseball Monster has them 8th so far this year).


Agreed, I just have a 1.44 ERA for the week and a healthy wins and K's lead. Just not taking the chance of a Chacin blowup hurting that.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby Tavish » Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

jpbusta wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:2004: LAD trade Franklin Gutierrez and PTBNL for Milton Bradley



remember when some folks around here were arguing that Fragu was a better player and deserved MVP over Miguel Cabrera? that was funny. :-b

in unrelated news, Eric Hosmer hit another homerun.


Gordon was leading off and Hosmer was hitting 3rd. Was someone sitting out? or is he going to keep batting 3rd?

I just traded away Konerko so now I can start Hosmer at util. :-D

Yost is toying with the lineup trying to get production with both Gordon and Butler slumping. I think there is a good chance Hosmer sticks at either 3rd or 4th as long as he is producing. The most likely scenario is Gordon gets a handful of games at lead-off and if he doesn't get back on track he moves down behind Betemit / Butler.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby j24jags » Thu May 19, 2011 11:48 am

Rolling with Bumgarner tonight, let's hope he leaves with a lead (like Cain did last night) and the bullpen doesn't blow it (unlike last night)
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby thejusman1 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:05 pm

j24jags wrote:Rolling with Bumgarner tonight, let's hope he leaves with a lead (like Cain did last night) and the bullpen doesn't blow it (unlike last night)


Screw the Giants.

Pumped about Jurrjens @ARI tonight. He's been fantastic all season long. A match-up with the K-happy, anemic DBacks offense should be fireworks.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2814
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 27 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby Tennessee Jed » Thu May 19, 2011 12:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousFDjPrh58

more Zeppelin (albeit a cover)
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 500
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 19 Apr 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby j24jags » Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Jay Bruce ;-D
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/19 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Dongs and Zeppelin

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 19, 2011 1:38 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:2004: LAD trade Franklin Gutierrez and PTBNL for Milton Bradley



remember when some folks around here were arguing that Fragu was a better player and deserved MVP over Miguel Cabrera? that was funny. :-b

uhm didn't milton bradley net the dodgers andre ethier? :-b oakland :-D
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact