Thoughts on Fantasy Article - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Fantasy Article

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Fantasy Article

Postby zomberg » Wed May 18, 2011 3:42 pm

So, I just joined a blog as a fantasy baseball writer. Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated.

Knowing When To Cut Your Losses

For some fantasy baseball players, it’s really simple. You can’t ever give up on a first round pick such as Hanley Ramirez or Albert Pujols without the player suffering a substantial injury, and you can as easily jettison fliers who haven’t panned out. What separates an average owner from a consistent winner is the ability to divest big name players through sharp trading before the wheels completely fall off. In extreme situations, you might need to remove the player from your roster if he is occupying valuable space.

With that in mind, let’s look at some players who have failed to meet expectations.

Shallow Leagues

2B Brian Roberts: Recently mired in an ugly 2-for-35 slump, Roberts finished his series against Tampa Bay with a pair of multi-hit games and a SB, his first since May 1st. Already 34 years old and coming off a back injury, Roberts doesn’t look like he’ll be stealing the 30 bases owners were hoping for. He remains a top 15 option at 2nd base when healthy, but he’s just as likely to hit the shelf. Shop him heavily once his BABIP shimmies closer to .300, and repeatedly point to his 2nd half 2010 stats. Trade.

The read of the article is at http://thesportsheadquarters.blogspot.com/2011/05/fantasy-baseball-knowing-when-to-cut.html.

I'd really love some insightful analysis for both my content and writing. Thanks.
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Thoughts on Fantasy Article

Postby Padsin05 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:19 pm

im sure its fine and all, but me, and probably many others arent going to get on board. As a person with only 1 post, if you want us to follow you, I suggest you come in here and be part of the club. To me I see this, and you are only here to try to get business for yourself, not to really contribute to this site
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby zomberg » Wed May 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Padsin05 wrote:im sure its fine and all, but me, and probably many others arent going to get on board. As a person with only 1 post, if you want us to follow you, I suggest you come in here and be part of the club. To me I see this, and you are only here to try to get business for yourself, not to really contribute to this site

Fair enough. You'll see me around quite often, don't worry. :)
zomberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Padsin05 » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 pm

zomberg wrote:
Padsin05 wrote:im sure its fine and all, but me, and probably many others arent going to get on board. As a person with only 1 post, if you want us to follow you, I suggest you come in here and be part of the club. To me I see this, and you are only here to try to get business for yourself, not to really contribute to this site

Fair enough. You'll see me around quite often, don't worry. :)

sounds good then welcome aboard, alot of times we get bots who post 1 message, so thats why many are spectical, just a little advice, make sure you post more then just your blogs. Hop in the daily venting thread and post opinions, bitching about players, who to starts etc in there. That thread gets great activity each day, and maybe you can link your blog each week/day in there.
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed May 18, 2011 5:16 pm

welcome to the cafe ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager