5/18 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, Rainy Day Women - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/18 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, Rainy Day Women

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which struggling ace is most likely to right the ship?

Ubaldo Jiminez
84%
Fransisco Liriano
16%

Total votes : 19

Re: 5/18 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, Rainy Day Wom

Postby CharlatanSin » Wed May 18, 2011 7:07 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
CharlatanSin wrote:Here in NYC (Mets/Nationals), it was pouring from about 3 to about 5:30, then lightened up, and it seems to have stopped altogether for now. So we'll see.

Didn't stop them from PPD yesterday's game (which just seemed silly to me).

Yeah that was a pain in the ass. They called it around 5, when there was no rain falling, and the rain didn't start until like 9:30 if I'm remembering right.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padsin05 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:16 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:what's the deal with Lance Nix in Washington? he didn't start on the 16th, rained out last night, and not starting tonight. dude was on fire last week. the game the other day was against LH and tonight's game is against a LH. is this a platoon?

you answered your own question
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby Padsin05 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Re-Joyce, this is more then just a streak, Im sure he will come down quite a bit, but right now, you are looking at this yrs Bautista

hitting 440 for over a month now, is more then just a streak, hes absolutely killing the ball
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Padsin05 wrote:Re-Joyce, this is more then just a streak, Im sure he will come down quite a bit, but right now, you are looking at this yrs Bautista

hitting 440 for over a month now, is more then just a streak, hes absolutely killing the ball

Maybe he'll continue the power stroke, but his .424 BABIP says he's not going to bat .360 too long. His HR/FB is also through the roof right now, as well.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby thejusman1 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't know why I keep benching starters against PHI. Their lineup is just not good anymore. I'll stop doing that from now on.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Padsin05 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:20 pm

thejusman1 wrote:I don't know why I keep benching starters against PHI. Their lineup is just not good anymore. I'll stop doing that from now on.

yah its getting really annoying as a Lee and Hamels owner, Utley cant be back soon enough
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Somewhat off topic, but anyone having trouble with MLB TV? Trying to watch the Royals/Rangers game and it keeps auto-switching back and forth from HD quality to the next level down, like 4 or 5 times in a row. And this is when I unchecked the box that tells it to auto-detect the best feed. I'll uncheck the box, set the quality level, and then it'll switch back to HD just to piss me off.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed May 18, 2011 8:30 pm

could Aubrey Huff see time at 3B for the Giants?
I noticed this tweet..
@extrabaggs Andrew Baggarly
Aubrey Huff said he hasn't been asked about 3B. Said he could get ready with a week of work. The throw is hardest part.

EDIT: and this from rotoworld.
Aubrey Huff said he has not been asked by the Giants to be ready to play third base.
Huff has played 361 games at third in the majors and came up through the minors primarily as a third baseman, but he hasn't played there since 2008. He said that, if needed, he could get ready to play there with a week's worth of work, with the throwing being the biggest obstacle. The Giants aren't pleased with their third base play since Pablo Sandoval got hurt, so we can't rule out them giving Huff a shot there at some point.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)

Postby cs3 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:39 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:could Aubrey Huff see time at 3B for the Giants?
I noticed this tweet..
@extrabaggs Andrew Baggarly
Aubrey Huff said he hasn't been asked about 3B. Said he could get ready with a week of work. The throw is hardest part.

havent heard anything about it (im in the Bay Area and i connsume everytihng Giants) but anything that keeps Tejada out of the lineup permanently is good by me.
However i'm not sure what the benefit of this would be considering someone still has to play SS (Tejada or Fontenot) and Belt has been playing OF in AAA - meaning that theyre not necessarily looking to play him at 1B over Huff.
and watching Huff play defense (i use this term loosely) every day requires a healthy supply of pepto to keep the nausea in check.
so honestly this doesnt seem very plausible to me, although neither was the Tejada signing in the first place
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cs3 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:45 pm

why was DLR's run considered unearned?
1 out, runners at 1st and 2nd. a passed ball allows them both to advance a base each, so 2nd and 3rd now.
a base hit allows 1 run to score. runners now at 1st and 3rd, 1 out. then a double play ends the inning.

can the official scorer make the decision that a run would/would not have scored from 2nd base on a single to the OF?
How does that work?
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers