This Bautista trade worth it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

This Bautista trade worth it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tommo » Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Currently in a 12 Team H2H Points league with one keeper (Players eligible if drafted in 6th round or later). My team:

C: Carlos Santana
1B: Joey Votto
2B: Gordon Beckham
3B: Jose Bautista
SS: Stephen Drew
OF: Carlos Gonzalez
OF: Colby Rasmus
OF: Andrew McCutchen
U: Casey McGehee
Reserves: Erick Aybar, Eric Hosmer

SP: Jered Weaver
SP: Roy Oswalt
SP: Shaun Marcum
SP: Max Scherzer
SP: Jaime Garcia
SP: Jhoulys Chacin
SP: Jeremy Hellickson
SP: Kyle McClellan
SP: Homer Bailey
RP: Carlos Marmol

I know I have a huge hole at 2B. I have been offered Cliff Lee, Martin Prado, and Billy Butler for Jose Bautista and Max Scherzer. I know Bautista has a ton of value right now. I'm not sure if I'd be getting enough back in return. Maybe counter with Granderson instead of Butler? I was trying to get Halladay but he basically said Votto would have to be on the table in order to get Halladay. Thoughts?

His team:
C Molina, Yadier
1B Dunn, Adam
2B Prado, Martin
3B Ramirez, Aramis
SS Lowrie, Jed
OF Bay, Jason
OF Gordon, Alex
OF Granderson, Curtis
U Butler, Billy

Bench (C) Mauer, Joe
Bench (SS) Desmond, Ian
Bench (OF) Sizemore, Grady
Bench (OF) Span, Denard

SP Baker, Scott
SP Gallardo, Yovani
SP Halladay, Roy
SP Lee, Cliff
SP Lewis, Colby
RP Cordero, Francisco
Bench (SP) Buehrle, Mark
Bench (SP) Volquez, Edinson
Bench (RP) Chen, Bruce
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This Bautista trade worth it?

Postby Eastman19 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I wouldn't give up Bautista. You have no reason too. Your pitching is fine. I would just try to make a trade to get Prado without Bautista.
Eastman19
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby ohiostate241 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Take that in a heart beat. Cliff Lee will improve, he has started slow, but will go back to normal form. Prado is a very good fantasy second baseman, and Billy Butler is a starter at the Util position.

You get 3 immediate starters, for Scherzer who you would be selling extremely high on right now and a guy in Bautista who can not possibly keep up what he is doing right now.

Please help
viewtopic.php?t=430878
ohiostate241
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tommo » Tue May 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Eastman19 wrote:I wouldn't give up Bautista. You have no reason too. Your pitching is fine. I would just try to make a trade to get Prado without Bautista.

What do you think about Prado and Span for Scherzer and Drew?
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby angels7777 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:15 am

ohiostate241 wrote:Take that in a heart beat. Cliff Lee will improve, he has started slow, but will go back to normal form. Prado is a very good fantasy second baseman, and Billy Butler is a starter at the Util position.

You get 3 immediate starters, for Scherzer who you would be selling extremely high on right now and a guy in Bautista who can not possibly keep up what he is doing right now.

Please help
viewtopic.php?t=430878

This is terrible advice, this guy is on the crack pipe. Don't take this deal!

viewtopic.php?t=430888
5x5 H2H, Non-Keep 10 tms

C- MCann
1B- Santana
2B- Carp
3B- Wright
SS- Desmnd
OF- J. Uptn, Trout, Polanco
UTIL- Springr
BN- Heywrd, Wrth
SP- Hamels, Teheran, Liriano, Garza, Kluber, Fister, A. Sanchez, Gio, Latos, Cobb, Arieta
RP- Melancon, Smith, Hawkins
angels7777
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 146)

Postby jruffus1 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:08 am

I agree with the comment above, no deal.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Postby RUnited » Wed May 18, 2011 2:09 am

If anyone's going to keep up his numbers, it's Bautista. He can easily hit 60 HR's the way he's going.

No deal. Nothing's worth a Bautista trade who can fill both 3B and OF at the moment.
RUnited
College Coach
College Coach

Postby hot4tx » Wed May 18, 2011 12:18 pm

RUnited wrote:If anyone's going to keep up his numbers, it's Bautista. He can easily hit 60 HR's the way he's going.

No deal. Nothing's worth a Bautista trade who can fill both 3B and OF at the moment.

Anyone that tells you there is a player that is completely untradable is not giving you rational advise. I don't know that I would do this trade, because both Butler and Lee have performed poorly compared to pre-season expectations and both have big question marks. If you could get Halladay instead of Lee I'd do that, but you said he wouldn't go for it. If you could get Dunn instead of Butler I might do that, but it would also depend on how it would effect the keeper situation.

Who is your keeper now if you don't make the trade and does he have any players on his team that are keeper elig that right now look to be great keeper value? If Bautista is keeper elig for next year, right now he might be the top keeper value in the league and I'd mention that to your trade partner so he knows why the value is higher than even in a redraft league.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 147)

Postby tommo » Wed May 18, 2011 12:34 pm

hot4tx wrote:
RUnited wrote:If anyone's going to keep up his numbers, it's Bautista. He can easily hit 60 HR's the way he's going.

Anyone that tells you there is a player that is completely untradable is not giving you rational advise. I don't know that I would do this trade, because both Butler and Lee have performed poorly compared to pre-season expectations and both have big question marks. If you could get Halladay instead of Lee I'd do that, but you said he wouldn't go for it. If you could get Dunn instead of Butler I might do that, but it would also depend on how it would effect the keeper situation.

Who is your keeper now if you don't make the trade and does he have any players on his team that are keeper elig that right now look to be great keeper value? If Bautista is keeper elig for next year, right now he might be the top keeper value in the league and I'd mention that to your trade partner so he knows why the value is higher than even in a redraft league.

Thanks for the response. I think my pitching is good enough that I don't need to try and pick up Lee. I'm mainly just trying to get Prado. I created a new thread for that trade discussion and would appreciate your advice.

viewtopic.php?t=430915

Also, my only players who aren't keeper eligible are Votto, CarGo, Bautista, Weaver, and Oswalt. Haven't decided what my plan will be for next year.
tommo
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions