IS UTLEY GOING TO START?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

IS UTLEY GOING TO START??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

IS UTLEY GOING TO START??

Postby justinA » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:10 pm

I like need to know this by 10 pm tonight to get my moves in time because he would have to be active for a week. And also, who should I sub in for Todd Walker.. Coco Crisp, Utley, or Karim Garcia.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby justinA » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:43 pm

bump
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: IS UTLEY GOING TO START??

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:50 pm

justinA wrote:I like need to know this by 10 pm tonight to get my moves in time because he would have to be active for a week. And also, who should I sub in for Todd Walker.. Coco Crisp, Utley, or Karim Garcia.

Doubtful that Utley will start.

Isn't there anyone else besides those three? My guess is that Garcia will play more than the other two. I don't even think Crisp will make the team.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

response

Postby bruuno2 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:55 pm

Platoon city.You can bet on it. :-°
bruuno2
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby justinA » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:04 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
justinA wrote:I like need to know this by 10 pm tonight to get my moves in time because he would have to be active for a week. And also, who should I sub in for Todd Walker.. Coco Crisp, Utley, or Karim Garcia.

Doubtful that Utley will start.

Isn't there anyone else besides those three? My guess is that Garcia will play more than the other two. I don't even think Crisp will make the team.

i doubt he wont make the team.. that would mean Cleveland would only carry 1 reserve OF.. no way.. esp. when he's hitting .377 in the spring 20-53, 9 runs, 11 Ribeyes, and 5 SB. If he doesnt make the team with those spring numbers, Eric Wedge is a moron. Alex Escobar (his comp.) has the same amount of hits and at bats, but less RBI, less runs, and less SB's. Both will make the team.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:20 pm

justinA wrote:i doubt he wont make the team.. that would mean Cleveland would only carry 1 reserve OF.. no way.. esp. when he's hitting .377 in the spring 20-53, 9 runs, 11 Ribeyes, and 5 SB. If he doesnt make the team with those spring numbers, Eric Wedge is a moron. Alex Escobar (his comp.) has the same amount of hits and at bats, but less RBI, less runs, and less SB's. Both will make the team.

Broussard plays OF, too, so they could keep Escobar and have 5 OFs. Either way, Garcia's getting the most time early in the year, unless an Indian OF is injured.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Danks81 » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:23 pm

Don't plan on Utley starting for the Phils.
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby justinA » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:25 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
justinA wrote:i doubt he wont make the team.. that would mean Cleveland would only carry 1 reserve OF.. no way.. esp. when he's hitting .377 in the spring 20-53, 9 runs, 11 Ribeyes, and 5 SB. If he doesnt make the team with those spring numbers, Eric Wedge is a moron. Alex Escobar (his comp.) has the same amount of hits and at bats, but less RBI, less runs, and less SB's. Both will make the team.

Broussard plays OF, too, so they could keep Escobar and have 5 OFs. Either way, Garcia's getting the most time early in the year, unless an Indian OF is injured.

yea but you just cant deny those numbers and what Crisp did last year on the basepaths. I havent read anything about a possibility of him making the team, only things about him pushing Escobar out of the reserve outfielder spot. And I know Rototimes is the law on these things, but they have Crisp and Escobar as the resevre OF's and not even Broussard as a backup. And you just have to wait for the annual Matt Lawton breakdown.. so Crisp will play later.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:32 pm

justinA wrote:yea but you just cant deny those numbers and what Crisp did last year on the basepaths. I havent read anything about a possibility of him making the team, only things about him pushing Escobar out of the reserve outfielder spot. And I know Rototimes is the law on these things, but they have Crisp and Escobar as the resevre OF's and not even Broussard as a backup. And you just have to wait for the annual Matt Lawton breakdown.. so Crisp will play later.

Why can't I deny those numbers? IT'S SPRING TRAINING, JUSTIN! Broussard isn't going to lead the AL in slugging percentage during the regular season, and Crisp isn't going to to hit .377. He's a no-stick bench player, who will hit about .270 with almost no walks and no extra base hits ( FOUR HRs in almost 600 ML plate appearances just ain't going to cut it!) His low OBA will limit his ability to rack up SBs, because you can't steal 1B. There's a reason why the Indians brought in Ludwick and Piatt for try-outs. Crisp stinks. He's gone as soon as Escobar or Sizemore are ready.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Return to Baseball Leftovers