5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Worst Team in Baseball?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am

New York Mess
37%
Minnesota Twins
63%

Total votes : 19

Re: 5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 17, 2011 10:52 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
This guy is maddening. He has shut down the Cubs after a rough first inning. He seems to always be getting rocked early on and the just cruise. 8 Ks too. Can't drop him, can't start him.

I'm actually not that concerned. His good starts are as random as his bad starts, as evinced by his melt-down last start against a pretty awful Houston team. There are easier ways to get Ks and Ws than killing your ERA/WHIP.

In a league with innings cap, his K/9 potential is too big ignore. Even in a league with no cap, i don't think he's we material. Hes a little like AJ Burnett a few ears back as you never knew when he was going to throw a gem.

He actually pulled it together after the 1st (as I understand is often the case) and had a nice little outing. 6.0 IP, 3 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 9 K, ND. I'll take that from him any time. Definitely hanging onto him for the time being. His HR/FB is way too high, and as long as he can keep the BB down he's gotta turn it around at least to a marginal degree.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaSh 1s » Tue May 17, 2011 11:53 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote: Hes a little like AJ Burnett a few ears back as you never knew when he was going to throw a gem.

Isn't that still like AJ Burnett?
B-Chad wrote:Pedroia's LD rate of 20% is reason to believe he'll maintain a higher BA then Cano. It should also be noted he hits more FB's then Cano, which means that even if he posts a lower HR/FB then Cano, he should come in reasonably close to Cano in HR's
DaSh 1s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 am

DaSh 1s wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote: Hes a little like AJ Burnett a few ears back as you never knew when he was going to throw a gem.

Isn't that still like AJ Burnett?

I suppose. He's having a nice bounce back year, but last year was bad all around.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Postby saemick » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 am

saemick wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
saemick wrote:Is anyone starting Liriano today? Right now I got both him & Volquez riding the pine.

So, I too, expect them to pitch gems considering that the only times either if them pitch well is when they're not in my lineup ...

I have zero confidence in Liriano to not walk the ballpark. Couple that with the fact that he's facing Felix, and I'm even less confident because of the dropping likelihood of at least earning a W.

Volquez, on the other hand, I'm chucking out there. It's his first day on my team, and for some reason he's favored in Vegas and the Total Run Line isn't too high. I figure I roll the dice enough and eventually it's gotta land in my favor, no? :-o

Well Big0rt, just bc it's the kind of guy I am; I'll still sit Volquez. So, maybe he won't get a win, but I expect the rest of his line will end up being quite nice for you. You're welcome :-D

Well, Big0rt... You're welcome
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby j24jags » Wed May 18, 2011 12:27 am

Bullpen blew the win for Garza...again :-t
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby rjforlife » Wed May 18, 2011 1:13 am

Thank you Oakland for pulling Gio after only 93 pitches! All I wanted was to lock up a 7 ip 1 hit/1 BB 7 K with a W. No use trotting him out there for another with a 14-0 lead. Gio bounced back very nicely after the Texas debacle and now has a 2.31 season ERA, 5-2 record with nearly a K/IP and for him, a wonderful 1.16 WHIP. Kid is a breakout star this season. Believe.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby j24jags » Wed May 18, 2011 1:24 am

Kuroda ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby kab21 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 am

rjforlife wrote:Thank you Oakland for pulling Gio after only 93 pitches! All I wanted was to lock up a 7 ip 1 hit/1 BB 7 K with a W. No use trotting him out there for another with a 14-0 lead. Gio bounced back very nicely after the Texas debacle and now has a 2.31 season ERA, 5-2 record with nearly a K/IP and for him, a wonderful 1.16 WHIP. Kid is a breakout star this season. Believe.

Gio has been awesome and I'm glad that I took a perceived reach for him with the last pick of the 10th. I did consider him to be Gallardo-lite since I thought his K's would return and he has high BB and GB rates.

And I'm having a bizarre week in H2H. Piniero (streamer), DHudson and Gio have been brilliant. but that has been countered by my opponent and he has a 13-8 GS advantage this week. My ERA is 0.71 with a 0.95 WHIP while my opponent (a lot more IP) has 1.88 ERA and 0.93 WHIP with a 16 K advantage.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 523)

Postby wrveres » Wed May 18, 2011 4:07 am

somebody fire up tomorrows thread. im under the weather.thanks.
dont forget the poll.

mets suck!
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)

Previous