5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Worst Team in Baseball?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am

New York Mess
37%
Minnesota Twins
63%

Total votes : 19

Re: 5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 17, 2011 7:54 pm

I wasn't going to start Niese tonight against the Fish, but I'm tempted to start him tomorrow against the Nats. :-?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Volquez continues to blow chunks in the first inning, allowing HR to Carlos Pena...

I dropped Volquez about a week ago. It's always comforting when you are re-affirmed of your decision.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:In other news, Pena and Barney continue to rake. What a pickup Barney has been...

I picked up Pena a couple of weeks back in one of my leagues. Coincidence? I think not.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby pokerplaya » Tue May 17, 2011 8:41 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:In other news, Pena and Barney continue to rake. What a pickup Barney has been...

I picked up Pena a couple of weeks back in one of my leagues. Coincidence? I think not.

I held onto D. Lee when Pena was dropped a few weeks ago. Pena has since been picked up again, and I just dropped Lee this morning. Ugh. :-/
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 pm

i've owned pena few seasons and you pretty much have to keep him on the bench until he hits a HR. then you insert him and ride the hot streak because if you just play him everyday, he will kill your team's avg. :-P
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue May 17, 2011 8:54 pm

pokerplaya wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

I held onto D. Lee when Pena was dropped a few weeks ago. Pena has since been picked up again, and I just dropped Lee this morning. Ugh. :-/

I drafted Lee in another league and I dropped him back I suppose, two weeks into the year. Safe to say, haven't missed anything since. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 17, 2011 9:01 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Volquez continues to blow chunks in the first inning, allowing HR to Carlos Pena...

I dropped Volquez about a week ago. It's always comforting when you are re-affirmed of your decision.

This guy is maddening. He has shut down the Cubs after a rough first inning. He seems to always be getting rocked early on and the just cruise. 8 Ks too. Can't drop him, can't start him.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I definitely should have dropped Lee earlier, but I'm pretty stubborn and it's a fairly deep league. Only viable guys to come along were Smoak (should have grabbed him) and evidently Pena. I put in a waiver claim on Hosmer, but no luck. Dropped Lee for Huff today...well see how that goes.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby thejusman1 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:09 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

This guy is maddening. He has shut down the Cubs after a rough first inning. He seems to always be getting rocked early on and the just cruise. 8 Ks too. Can't drop him, can't start him.

I'm actually not that concerned. His good starts are as random as his bad starts, as evinced by his melt-down last start against a pretty awful Houston team. There are easier ways to get Ks and Ws than killing your ERA/WHIP.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue May 17, 2011 9:18 pm

thejusman1 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
thejusman1 wrote:

I'm actually not that concerned. His good starts are as random as his bad starts, as evinced by his melt-down last start against a pretty awful Houston team. There are easier ways to get Ks and Ws than killing your ERA/WHIP.

In a league with innings cap, his K/9 potential is too big ignore. Even in a league with no cap, i don't think he's we material. Hes a little like AJ Burnett a few ears back as you never knew when he was going to throw a gem.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers