5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Worst Team in Baseball?

Poll ended at Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am

New York Mess
37%
Minnesota Twins
63%

Total votes : 19

5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Postby saemick » Tue May 17, 2011 8:28 am

Is anyone starting Liriano today? Right now I got both him & Volquez riding the pine.

So, I too, expect them to pitch gems considering that the only times either if them pitch well is when they're not in my lineup ...
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 5/17 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 17, 2011 8:35 am

saemick wrote:Is anyone starting Liriano today? Right now I got both him & Volquez riding the pine.

So, I too, expect them to pitch gems considering that the only times either if them pitch well is when they're not in my lineup ...

I have zero confidence in Liriano to not walk the ballpark. Couple that with the fact that he's facing Felix, and I'm even less confident because of the dropping likelihood of at least earning a W.

Volquez, on the other hand, I'm chucking out there. It's his first day on my team, and for some reason he's favored in Vegas and the Total Run Line isn't too high. I figure I roll the dice enough and eventually it's gotta land in my favor, no? :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 am

my stat line from the hot stove yesterday: 19ip, 24k's, 2 wins, 4 saves, 0.95 era, 0.63 whip, lowering my season whip after 420 IP to 1.09 ... :-]
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 758)

Postby BALCO All-Stars » Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 am

jsphlly wrote:Anyone skurd to start Danks at home vs. TEX? :-o

Horrible Sox offense, no Wins on the season, 4.50 ERA and 1.44 WHIP...don't see why you would start him.
BALCO All-Stars
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

Horrible Sox offense, no Wins on the season, 4.50 ERA and 1.44 WHIP...don't see why you would start him.

I wouldn't be afraid to. The Rangers OF consists of Chavez, Murphy, and Gentry. Napoli is struggling, Kinsler is struggling...basically Beltre and Young are the only 2 you have to worry about.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jsphlly » Tue May 17, 2011 9:40 am

slomo007 wrote:
BALCO All-Stars wrote:

I wouldn't be afraid to. The Rangers OF consists of Chavez, Murphy, and Gentry. Napoli is struggling, Kinsler is struggling...basically Beltre and Young are the only 2 you have to worry about.

Beltre batting .234 vs. LHP

I think unless he's injured he rebounds. Can't find anything on any injury speculation so I think I'm rolling the dice.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 17, 2011 9:41 am

BALCO All-Stars wrote:

He's had a few rocky starts in a row, but he's also had some poor luck re:wins

Took a no decision on 8.0 IP, 1 ER against Oakland, and took a Loss on 7.0 IP, 2 ER against Tampa, as well as a Loss on 8.0 IP, 3 ER against the Twins. 5 of his 8 starts have been QS.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby saemick » Tue May 17, 2011 10:14 am

bigh0rt wrote:
saemick wrote:Is anyone starting Liriano today? Right now I got both him & Volquez riding the pine.

I have zero confidence in Liriano to not walk the ballpark. Couple that with the fact that he's facing Felix, and I'm even less confident because of the dropping likelihood of at least earning a W.

Volquez, on the other hand, I'm chucking out there. It's his first day on my team, and for some reason he's favored in Vegas and the Total Run Line isn't too high. I figure I roll the dice enough and eventually it's gotta land in my favor, no? :-o

Well Big0rt, just bc it's the kind of guy I am; I'll still sit Volquez. So, maybe he won't get a win, but I expect the rest of his line will end up being quite nice for you. You're welcome :-D
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:30 am

dream_017
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicFootball ModLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 17, 2011 11:00 am

saemick wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Well Big0rt, just bc it's the kind of guy I am; I'll still sit Volquez. So, maybe he won't get a win, but I expect the rest of his line will end up being quite nice for you. You're welcome :-D

Not that he's been great, but he has been lucky vs the Cubs...

4 GS, 3 - 0, 23.2 IP, 22 K, 1.90 ERA, 1.61 WHIP, .235 BAA... and the one I'm hoping for today 0 HR.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers