Albert Pujols 3rd Base watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Albert Pujols 3rd Base watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Albert Pujols 3rd Base watch

Postby juliown1028 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:45 pm

Anyone thinking of trying to buy Pujols now in hopes he gets 3B eligibility and that his owner hasn't noticed he's close to getting it?

I have Michael Young at 3B, Kinsler at 2B. The guy in my league who has Pujols has Espinosa at 2B. Thinking of offering someone + Kinsler for Pujols and moving Young to 2nd.

Thinking of Pujols at 3B has me :-L ...
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

juliown1028 wrote:Anyone thinking of trying to buy Pujols now in hopes he gets 3B eligibility and that his owner hasn't noticed he's close to getting it?

I have Michael Young at 3B, Kinsler at 2B. The guy in my league who has Pujols has Espinosa at 2B. Thinking of offering someone + Kinsler for Pujols and moving Young to 2nd.

Regardless of 3B eligibility or not, I would think trying to buy Pujols is hard as it is...
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby juliown1028 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:34 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Regardless of 3B eligibility or not, I would think trying to buy Pujols is hard as it is...

Very, very true...I just want a Pujols who can play 3B...lol. But who doesn't?
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Postby massespub » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:26 pm

3B tonight. Just one more start needed for Yahoo leagues. Seems pretty likely at this point in my opinion.
massespub
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby clevername » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 pm

now the TLR vs yahoo fantasy managers mindgame truly begins.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:57 pm

OMG
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby BigZ38 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 pm

I truly believe that TLR somewhere in his mind knows that for fantasy purposes there is a 5 start minimum. I don't think he'd do it on purpose, I think he wants to win ball games, but he has been known to hate fantasy baseball and mess with those who play it before. It's hard to imagine AP being more valuable, but he's one start from being there.
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:59 pm

juliown1028 wrote:Anyone thinking of trying to buy Pujols now in hopes he gets 3B eligibility and that his owner hasn't noticed he's close to getting it?

I'm thinking of offering Crawford and King Felix for Pujols. Might be a lot to give up, I don't really know, but if Pujols gains 3B eligibility I think it will be well worth it as I'm currently trotting Turner out there. I'll be able to start playing Morrison in place of Crawford, so not a huge downgrade.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby woodson_28 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:16 pm

does anybody know the rules regarding position eligibility for the following year? Will 5 starts at 3B give Pujols eligibility at 3B this year and next year in Yahoo leagues? Or does he need 10+ starts at 3B to be eligible @ 3B next year?

I only ask because I'm in a keeper league, and I'm looking to move Pujols this year due to price, but if I can start him @ 3B over the next two years, I might hold onto him for a while.
woodson_28
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

woodson_28 wrote:does anybody know the rules regarding position eligibility for the following year? Will 5 starts at 3B give Pujols eligibility at 3B this year and next year in Yahoo leagues? Or does he need 10+ starts at 3B to be eligible @ 3B next year?

I only ask because I'm in a keeper league, and I'm looking to move Pujols this year due to price, but if I can start him @ 3B over the next two years, I might hold onto him for a while.

If/when he gets it this year, he'll have it next year as well. Allen Craig just went down so he'll surely get it this year....and soon.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers