5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs.

Postby cs3 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 am

Ender wrote:
mojoorising wrote:Pineda was dominant tonight hope the guy bites on my trade offer wanna get rid of him while value is really high and before they shut him down.

Pineda has almost no value so I'd hope he wants to dump him for whatever he can get. The team won't be in the playoff hunt and he won't be looking to overextend his innings on the season so he is a completely worthless player the final 1 or 2 months of the season. Even during his valuable months he is pitching for an outright terrible team with a mediocre defense overall so his value is stunted.

i think you're being a little dramatic here. you act like hes getting shut down on august 1st :-?
and the only thing stunted by his terrible offense are his wins, which are hard to get when you only pitch 6innings/start anyway. are you saying his era, whip, K's are "worthless"?

Pineda pitched 140 inning in 20120. he should be good for ~160 this yr with no problem whatsoever, and even 170 innings isn't totally out of the question. he generally only goes 90-100 pitches or 6 innings per start, so if we assume hes allowed just 160 - thats still 26 or 27 starts. if they skip him just 3 times this year then hes pitching into the beginning of september.
granted, nobody should expect him to contribute to your fantasy team in H2H championship week, but its not impossible for him to help you in the first round.
and in a keeper league (while i was being a little sarcastic in my earlier post above in regards to trade value) he does have a huge amount of value if you can keep him late/cheap like is possible with how most serious leagues are set up, so i wouldnt be looking to move him unless you are a legit championship contender and only need one more piece to win it all this year.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs.

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 am

wrveres wrote:Newest trade: Gave up 3yrs/$1.00 Beachy, 1 yr of Figgins, and minor leaguer Andruw Brackman, for 4 months of Cano.

Great trade for you. I'm not too enamoured with anything you gave away (Brackman is seriously malfunctioning this season HIDDEN INJURY ALARM) and you got a top hitter ;-D

Matt LaPorta: 4/4, 2 2B, 1 BB. Quiet break out is quiet :-L
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers