5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/16 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs.

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Nice to see Colby Lewis leaving April behind him and pitching like the guy I drafted. CGSO and dominant. That's four excellent starts in a row now. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 16, 2011 11:50 pm

A reliever just got his 2nd career hit to put the Marlins up on the Mets in the Top of the 11th... :-C
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby smoovethug » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 am

bigh0rt wrote:A reliever just got his 2nd career hit to put the Marlins up on the Mets in the Top of the 11th... :-C

Niese looked good legging out that triple!

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby mojoorising » Tue May 17, 2011 12:08 am

Pineda was dominant tonight hope the guy bites on my trade offer wanna get rid of him while value is really high and before they shut him down.
mojoorising
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jpbusta » Tue May 17, 2011 12:34 am

mojoorising wrote:Pineda was dominant tonight hope the guy bites on my trade offer wanna get rid of him while value is really high and before they shut him down.

I wish the Pineda owner in my league thinks the same way as you do. I've been trying to buy him but the owner just wouldn't sell. He wants my Ellsbury. :-t
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jfg » Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 am

mojoorising wrote:Pineda was dominant tonight hope the guy bites on my trade offer wanna get rid of him while value is really high and before they shut him down.

In a redraft this is smart. In a keeper league you should be doing everything possible to keep grab him because he's the real deal.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby cs3 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:00 am

jfg wrote:

In a redraft this is smart. In a keeper league you should be doing everything possible to keep grab him because he's the real deal.

this.
in my keeper league he went undrafted and i grabbed him as soon as it was announced he made the opening day rotation. I can keep him in the 24th rd next yr and there is not a single pitcher i would trade him for in the league.
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kab21 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:09 am

Fantastic. I'm matched up against Marcum, Pineda, Lewis and Anderson this week. 24 K's, 3 ER's, 2 W's (potentially 4) combined between them. And it takes a 5th starter like Maholm to increase the ERA to 1.49 overall. It's going to be tough to salvage anything in the pitching categories this week.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Ender » Tue May 17, 2011 1:21 am

Pineda has almost no value so I'd hope he wants to dump him for whatever he can get. The team won't be in the playoff hunt and he won't be looking to overextend his innings on the season so he is a completely worthless player the final 1 or 2 months of the season. Even during his valuable months he is pitching for an outright terrible team with a mediocre defense overall so his value is stunted.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby smoovethug » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 am

Hanson + Pineda + Scherzer = 1 ER #winning

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers