The Posada Dilemna ... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Posada Dilemna ...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Posada Dilemna ...

Postby wrveres » Mon May 16, 2011 9:34 am

only had him in one league (h2h), and i dropped him yesterday for Lucroy.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saemick » Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm

wrveres wrote:only had him in one league (h2h), and i dropped him yesterday for Lucroy.

about to do the same myself. was also looking at Ramon Hernandez %-6 .. yes, I know, but he's been streaking lately...
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thejusman1 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Finally dumped him for Kurt Suzuki in one league. I'm done with Posaga.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Mon May 16, 2011 3:45 pm

one of the guys somewhere was saying you can't do that to Posada because of all he's contributed over the past upteen years. Really? What you did 10 years ago prevents you from hitting 9th today?

And Posada's OPS is only .007 worse than Jeter, but that talk will never happen with him.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 255)

Postby jfg » Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 pm

bigken117 wrote:one of the guys somewhere was saying you can't do that to Posada because of all he's contributed over the past upteen years. Really? What you did 10 years ago prevents you from hitting 9th today?

And Posada's OPS is only .007 worse than Jeter, but that talk will never happen with him.

I'm the only one that mentioned his Yankees tenure so I assume you're referencing my post. I wasn't making a case for Posada still hitting in the middle of the lineup, I was only making a case that this would be a story with any player who has been with any team for 10 years and doesn't gracefully bow out. DBacks was saying this would be a non-story with any other team.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 16, 2011 5:48 pm

how long now have the Steinbrenner sons owned the team? would they have to feel any loyalty to Posada because he has been a great life time Yankees player? or could the Steinbrenner sons see how terrible Posada is hitting and want to just get rid of him so the team can put someone new into the lineup who can hit?

I see no problem at all with Derek Jeter sticking up for Posada. Jeter himself might not be far off from being "penciled into the 9th spot".

I also don't see why Posada is soo upset at being put in the 9 spot. check your numbers guy! it's not like he was dropped that far, he went from batting 7th to 9th. in that lineup with who they have that's not insulting.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 517)

Postby bigken117 » Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 pm

jfg wrote:
bigken117 wrote:one of the guys somewhere was saying you can't do that to Posada because of all he's contributed over the past upteen years. Really? What you did 10 years ago prevents you from hitting 9th today?

I'm the only one that mentioned his Yankees tenure so I assume you're referencing my post. I wasn't making a case for Posada still hitting in the middle of the lineup, I was only making a case that this would be a story with any player who has been with any team for 10 years and doesn't gracefully bow out. DBacks was saying this would be a non-story with any other team.

no, it was mentioned on TV. Don't remember which show.
but they stated that due to his tenure, accomplishments et al, he shouldn't hit 9th.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 255)

Re: Re: The Posada Dilemna ...

Postby Matthias » Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm

thejusman1 wrote:Finally dumped him for Kurt Suzuki in one league. I'm done with Posaga.

Posada wants you to know that he's insulted you dropped him after all he did for your team and that if you ever pick him back up, then he'll want to sit out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Re: The Posada Dilemna ...

Postby Matthias » Mon May 16, 2011 9:21 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:I see no problem at all with Derek Jeter sticking up for Posada. Jeter himself might not be far off from being "penciled into the 9th spot".

Where jeter screwed up is by saying that posada didn't have to apologize. Even being who he is, he clearly did. And this reality is creeping up on jeter, or at least it should be. I see the whole posada situation as just the salad course to what will be epic jeter blow ups the next few years. If the yankees had been smart they would have pinch hit for jeter in the ninth last night. And eventually they will.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers