Looking for saves help from the WW WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Looking for saves help from the WW WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for saves help from the WW WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 pm

12 team H2H Dynasty league

standard categories for a 5x5 with added OPS and HOLDS

My only weaknesses are saves and holds. A lot of people stockpiled closers. 30 team rosters.

My current relievers are: Drew Storen, Joel Hanrahan, Octavio Dotel, Tony Sipp, and Sean Burnett.

Sipp is mainly good for holds and the others aren't very Marquee. Hanrahan is decent but likely the beneficiary of an overachieving pittsburgh team that will likely come back down to earth. Storen has only gotten eight saves out of 20 appearances. Dotel and Sipp dont have any saves. I'm hoping dotel continues to improve and gets some save opportunities in the future.

So, I just added jamey Wright today hoping he gets me a few this week, but would like something more long term.

My available RP in the league, in order of current saves is:

Brandon League (they say hes still the closer, but not for a cpl days)
Jose Contreras (on the dl with a rehab scheduled)
Brandon Lyon (dl)
Joe Nathan (seems that he may eventually regain closer role)
Darren Oliver (possibile viable short term option?)
Matt Lindstrom (middle man now, so not many closer options)
Trever Miller (eratic at best)
Blaine Boyer (doubtful he will get any saves with pittsburgh)
Javier Lopez (with wilson back, lopez isnt very viable for saves)
Ramon Ramirez (same as lopez)
Kenley Jansen (has had some poor outings and is likely behind broxton, padilla and guerrier for save opps)
Louis Coleman (possible future closer, maybe traded at deadline?)
Jeremy Jeffress (behind soria so unless an injury wont get many chances, but is future trade bait too?)

I'm thinking short term Oliver might be the best option, but Nathan may be someone i want to pick up now. Contreras would be a nice pickup if I had a DL slot open. Is League worth a pickup?

all advice appreciataed and WHIR
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for saves help from the WW WHIR

Postby Conrax » Sun May 15, 2011 5:00 pm

If you want saves then League (Right Now) is probably your best bet out of that list and then the next two are basically tied for 2nd mainly because their replacement Ryan Madison for Contreras and Mark Melancon for Brandon Lyon are doing well so it is possibility that Contreras and Lyon may not get their closer role back. If you need Holds I would get Lindstrom because it has been him and Rafael Betancourt who have gotten Holds for Colorado.

Help Me: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=430620
Conrax
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Looking for saves help from the WW WHIR

Postby smoovethug » Sun May 15, 2011 5:41 pm

League has been bad as of late but he still should be picked up. Nathan as well as he could regain his closer role down the road.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions