FLASH question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FLASH question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

FLASH question

Postby AussieDodger » Sun May 15, 2011 1:41 am

I've got a brand new laptop, and my Flash keeps crapping itself (and freezing everything) if I try to close a Youtube page.
As someone who has Youtube in the background constantly, this will not do. :-t :-t

How to fix?

I have tried Firefox in safe mode, and it still does it, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Flash, and it still does it.

HALP!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FLASH question

Postby StlSluggers » Sun May 15, 2011 1:35 pm

AussieDodger wrote:I've got a brand new laptop, and my Flash keeps crapping itself (and freezing everything) if I try to close a Youtube page.
As someone who has Youtube in the background constantly, this will not do. :-t :-t

How to fix?

I have tried Firefox in safe mode, and it still does it, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Flash, and it still does it.

HALP!

I'm surprised to hear this is happening with Firefox. Firefox uses a separate container that runs in the background (task menu > processes, plug-in container.exe (see the 'what's new' section)) so that the browser itself won't be impacted by any problems with plug-ins, such as Flash. I'd hit up a support board at Firefox, since their container obviously isn't working as designed.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: FLASH question

Postby AussieDodger » Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 am

StlSluggers wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:I've got a brand new laptop, and my Flash keeps crapping itself (and freezing everything) if I try to close a Youtube page.

How to fix?

HALP!

I'm surprised to hear this is happening with Firefox. Firefox uses a separate container that runs in the background (task menu > processes, plug-in container.exe (see the 'what's new' section)) so that the browser itself won't be impacted by any problems with plug-ins, such as Flash. I'd hit up a support board at Firefox, since their container obviously isn't working as designed.

Thanks for the diagnosis Woody ;-D , I got no joy from what you suggested so I canned Firefox and started using Google Chrome.
Works awesome :-L

BTW IE 8 and 9 had the same flash problems, as BOTH firefox 3.6.17 and 4. :-S
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Return to General Talk