Roger Bernadina - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Roger Bernadina

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Roger Bernadina

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat May 14, 2011 11:03 am

He's been batting mostly leadoff since getting called up and has actually fared reasonably well (.320/.414/.400) with 4 SBs in 25 ABs. He was a trendy preseason sleeper with 20/20 potential (11 HRs, 16 SBs in 414 ABs in 2010) and now he seems to have earned his everyday playing opportunity, chipping in with some phenomenal defense to boot. Last night he had a double, two singles, two RBIs and a SB in five ABs and a ridiculous highlight reel catch in center field. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLzM5sZ2D0 -terrible quality, but you get the idea.

He might not be an immediate add in mixed leagues, but his defense will keep him in the lineup for the foreseeable future and needs to be on everybody's radar. For those of you who had been using Jason Bourgeois or Sam Fuld, he might give you the same kind of boost. I'll be starting him for the first time today against the Marlins (Anibal Sanchez). Hopefully I can get some production right away.

Edit: so far Anibal hurling another gem of a game.
Last edited by CBMGreatOne on Sat May 14, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Roger Bernadina

Postby SpecialFNK » Sat May 14, 2011 12:37 pm

there is a better video out there. I don't have a link, but I saw a HQ video last night searching twitter. I didn't even know he made a great catch, I was looking up Bernadina to see if anyone had anything to say about him offensively and noticed people talking about his catch.
offensively he has speed and has been running. I wonder whether he will hit enough. his AVG is a little misleading and mostly due to his 3 for 5 last night. on May 7 he went 2 for 4. after that he went 0 for 4, 0 for 3, 0 for 3, and 1 for 3. he wasn't exactly lighting up in the minors this season- 18 G/ 63 AB - .270/.352/.381/.733. I wouldn't expect a good AVG but he does get on base with the walk, and when on base he has been running. he has 4 BB since May 7.
I picked him up last night and I'm hoping to get some R and/or SB. anything else is gravy to me. in a regular league there are probably better options, but if your in a deep league like myself then Bernadina can be a good option.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 77)

Re: Roger Bernadina

Postby Chevren » Sun May 15, 2011 8:03 am

Here's a better video of that catch. http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14762271
Chevren
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers