My Fielder for his Weeks and Walden? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

My Fielder for his Weeks and Walden?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Fielder for his Weeks and Walden?

Postby jovenparque » Fri May 13, 2011 2:51 pm

14 team mixed 12x12
Do you think my Fielder for his Weeks and Walden is fair?

I'm a bit weak at MI with Lowrie at 2B, Castro as SS, and Hardy at MI.
I think I have a bit of a surplus at CI with Fielder at 1B, Agon at CI, and Hosmer at UT.
I'm thinking I move Hosmer to be 1B or CI and move one of my OFs to UT (Lomo, Stanton, Bruce, Bourn, Joyce, and injured Hamilton).
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My Fielder for his Weeks and Walden?

Postby fast dogs » Fri May 13, 2011 3:19 pm

I would not trade Fielder for that
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)

Postby MiggyT » Fri May 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Regardless of position, Fielder is simply too valuable to trade for those 2 pieces. Weeks is solid and will push for 30/20 and Walden has job security despite some recent struggles. But Fielder is a top-25 player in his walk year and will finish near the top in HR's and RBI. Weeks will score 20 more runs than Fielder but the difference is more than negated in batting average.

I play in leagues where closers are very valuable as well and have seen similar deals fly. I always advise against them since closers show up on the waiver wire every year! Walden is an example himself. Wait till the trade deadline and grab the replacements if you've already missed out on Eddy Sanchez and Padilla.

You can acquire a similar package for an upper-tier 2B and closer without losing one of your biggest studs.

Help with mine, please:
viewtopic.php?t=430449
MiggyT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jovenparque » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

MiggyT wrote:Regardless of position, Fielder is simply too valuable to trade for those 2 pieces. Weeks is solid and will push for 30/20 and Walden has job security despite some recent struggles. But Fielder is a top-25 player in his walk year and will finish near the top in HR's and RBI. Weeks will score 20 more runs than Fielder but the difference is more than negated in batting average.

I play in leagues where closers are very valuable as well and have seen similar deals fly. I always advise against them since closers show up on the waiver wire every year! Walden is an example himself. Wait till the trade deadline and grab the replacements if you've already missed out on Eddy Sanchez and Padilla.

You can acquire a similar package for an upper-tier 2B and closer without losing one of your biggest studs.

Help with mine, please:
viewtopic.php?t=430449

what do you think i should target instead? or do you think (and i'm strong leaning toward) that i should just keep fielder? do you think a fielder for hamels + weeks would fly? no way, right? what do you think proper value is for a fielder for weeks + [player] trade?

i also got too many OF and would like to shift it into the UT spot, where i usually put in first baseman. but no one is looking for OF in my league, and i think OF is somewhat deep. i usually don't mess with lineup and use bench spots (4) to stream pitchers because our categories (12x12) are pretty dumb (e.g., appearances...).

thanks, and i'll try to help out in your thread.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tripleb » Fri May 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Would like to see your roster, but I'd keep Prince
tripleb
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions