Some Great Hitting Prospects thisyr, what about Pitchers??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Some Great Hitting Prospects thisyr, what about Pitchers???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Some Great Hitting Prospects thisyr, what about Pitchers

Postby BalataGrande » Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

If the topic is prospects for this year, then Taillon is out. Matt Moore is a great K prospect but I feel that Alex Torres is more MLB ready for the Rays. I think that Danny Duffy is the "hottest" prospect or the next prospect of value to be called up. There are 3 guys I'm really watching for late year callups. Drew Pomeranz, Matt Harvey, and Rubby De La Rosa. De La Rosa may be up mid-summer, he's just filthy!!
BalataGrande
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HighHeater » Fri May 13, 2011 6:16 pm

Pomeranz, Harvey anbd Rubby would all merit a top WW pick up imo... i dont think either makes it but out of the group i like Pomeranz the most
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat May 14, 2011 12:41 am

JORDAN LYLES BABAY! :-L
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Ender » Sat May 14, 2011 1:24 am

Doesn't really matter how good the prospect is I'm not using my top waiver wire pick on a pitcher. They universally will be shut down before the end of the season or moved to the bullpen. I guess the one exception is a guy like Storen who was the closer of the future and could actually finish the season. I much prefer to use my waivers on vets or hitters.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby thecrownjewels » Sat May 14, 2011 1:34 am

Tavish wrote:Even though he is already up, another guy to keep your eye on is Aaron Crow. It seems like the Royals are trying to stretch him out from the pen and he may be next in line for a rotation spot. It would give them the Royals the opportunity to bring up a Duffy or Montgomery and use them in the bullpen and keep their innings down. Crow didn't blow away minor league hitters but has been dominating so far against the majors. He looked great the other night even the second time through the lineup.

Where are you getting your information regarding the Royals? You have gone from Hosmer getting a call this year as "unlikely" and now this. You need to try to find another source. Duffy will not be going to the pen. He will be here in June for those of you trying to make roster decisions (starting).
thecrownjewels
College Coach
College Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wrveres » Sat May 14, 2011 7:48 am

:-t
Last edited by wrveres on Sat May 14, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby wrveres » Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am

Back to the subject at hand.

Kyle Gibson
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby Tavish » Sat May 14, 2011 9:59 am

thecrownjewels wrote:
Tavish wrote:Even though he is already up, another guy to keep your eye on is Aaron Crow. It seems like the Royals are trying to stretch him out from the pen and he may be next in line for a rotation spot. It would give them the Royals the opportunity to bring up a Duffy or Montgomery and use them in the bullpen and keep their innings down. Crow didn't blow away minor league hitters but has been dominating so far against the majors. He looked great the other night even the second time through the lineup.

Where are you getting your information regarding the Royals? You have gone from Hosmer getting a call this year as "unlikely" and now this. You need to try to find another source. Duffy will not be going to the pen. He will be here in June for those of you trying to make roster decisions (starting).

While a couple of months is a ton of time in baseball terms and a lot can happen between now and then, I would be interested in hearing how you expect it to play out for both Duffy and Montgomery to be up within weeks like you claimed in the Hosmer thread. With one open spot on the 40 man roster after the Blanco trade and the time bomb that is Kyle Davies I can certainly see room for one promotion assuming they aren't trying to keep the roster spot open for Kendall's return.

From the looks of things Teaford is being used more as a bullpen guy now so that leaves Pucetas as the only viable starter left on the 40 to be called up. And I wouldn't think Suppan would get the nod before either prospect so the pecking order looks great for them to get here. What isn't clear at all is what role they will take when they are here. Chen should be back in the rotation by June, Tejada should be back in the bullpen before that. So in order to get Duffy and Montgomery into the rotation in weeks will mean that the Royals have to clear one spot on the 40 and three spots in the current rotation (2 for the prospects and 1 for Chen).

Any inside information from your sources?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Bozo » Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I'll agree with a couple of the previous opinions i.e. Duffy will be next and is just around the corner (should be June) sometime. And Moore is a year away. Tampa never rushes their kids although I could see him promoted to Durham for the second half of the season.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby HighHeater » Sun May 15, 2011 7:45 am

wrveres wrote:Back to the subject at hand.

Kyle Gibson

meh...
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers