Aroldis Chapman Worth Hanging On To?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Aroldis Chapman Worth Hanging On To??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Aroldis Chapman Worth Hanging On To??

Postby Ronniebegood » Fri May 13, 2011 12:44 am

Aroldis Chapman is taking up a spot on my roster but not really doing anything for my squad. Was hoping he'd be either closing or starting by now. I need another outfielder, think it's safe to drop Chapman and pick Melky Cabrera, Austin Jackson or Johnny Damon?

What do you think the rest of 2011 holds for Chapman?
"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ronniebegood
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Aroldis Chapman Worth Hanging On To??

Postby sigriffey » Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 am

Is it a deep keeper league where u could have him next year?

I feel like he could start or close one day, but there are too many other guys in the mix. This year he may not be as valuable so if redraft league I might just free yourself up there.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:42 pm

In a one year league that doesn't count holds, I'd be fine dropping him. He's not going to close or start this season barring injury (it's almost 100% certain he won't start even with injuries since the Reds rotation is so deep), so his value is very limited in basic one year leagues. Assuming those characteristics are true of your league, I like Damon out of the three outfielders you listed.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twinservo » Fri May 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Let go of Chapman. He doesn't hold value right now and probably won't for the rest of the year if it's not a keeper league. Also, if you're needing production/points now, go with one of the other guys.

I would not go with Melky. I don't trust him to keep up his pace. Austin Jackson is probably the riskiest choice, but if you're looking for runs/sb's, then he is probably a good option, especially if he keeps up the hot bat. Your safest choice will be Damon, especially if he sticks in that DH spot. I would personally go with Damon, especially if you're not desperate for someone with big upside. You know what you'll get.

Good luck.
Twinservo
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions