Urget Trade help, please!! WHIR, promised!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Urget Trade help, please!! WHIR, promised!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Urget Trade help, please!! WHIR, promised!!

Postby BiGAnT » Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm

I have multiple trade offer I can do...please help me determine which ones are the best/FAIREST for me and my situation.
Here's my situation right now: I'm second to last in my league in HR and RBIs and last in ERA and second to last in WHIP. The other categories I'm pretty decent in...so I'm kind of in a bind here.

1.) My Carpenter and Lowrie for Adrian Beltre
2.)My Carpenter and Walden for Brett Anderson and Francisco Liriano
3.)My Jurrjens and Walden for Brett Anderson and Francisco Liriano
4.)My Colon and Lowrie for Jhoulys Chacin

I basically want either a power bat back or a solid pitcher (for ERA and/or WHIP) due to lack of categories but I'm not sure what move to make. I'm not worried about Lowrie because I have Rollins but Carpenter is my #2 guy and my staff would basically be depleted if I dealt him for a bat, right?? So confused haha
Any thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated, thanks!! ;-D
C Geovany Soto
1B Ryan howard
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Casey McGehee
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Kemp
OF Rajai Davis
OF Vladimir Guererro
Util Alex Rios
BN Jed Lowrie

SP Roy Halladay
SP Chris Carpenter
SP Jair Jurrjens
RP Jordan Walden
RP Brandon League
P Brandon McCarthy
P Zach Britton
P Joel Pineiro
P Bartolo Colon
P Vicente Padilla
P Sergio Santos
P Mark Melancon
Philippians 4:13
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Urget Trade help, please!! WHIR, promised!!

Postby HOOTIE » Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm

Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby tripleb » Fri May 13, 2011 12:39 am

I would do 1 and 4 for sure
tripleb
College Coach
College Coach

Postby YankeesFan13 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:48 am

Definitely not 2 or 3. Those don't help you in any way.

#1 is questionable because beltre is a great hitter. this is his 14th season in the league but he doesn't show any signs of this season dying down. He would fit great in your lineup BUT, where does that leave you with pitching. It takes Carpenter out, now you just have Halladay. All the others can be very streaky, but are decent pitchers don't get me wrong. I don't know why you would give up on Carpenter though. If Halladay was having an off year the first couple starts I don't think you would be giving up on him like you did with Dempster and Zambrano. It is hard to find a consistent pitcher, when the last three find their groove, they are very consistent. So i don't like that trade just because you don't have the pitching depth to do it. Try Britton and Colon and Lowrie instead...?

#4 is a great trade if you want a pitcher who had a 3.28 era last year with a 1.274 whip and only 138 strikeouts.
His strikeout to walk ratio is only 1.95 when Carpenters is 2.47 right now, and isn't pitching to his best.
So i don't understand why you want to trade for Jhoulys Chacin but will deal away Carpenter...?

Trade a couple of your worse players and buy low like a Vernon Wells or Alex Rios or people like that who aren't performing right now but should turn it on right? I would try to go about your trades like that, don't have enough depth to get top tier players since the Kemp trade happened... which I thought you gave up too much there.
YankeesFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BiGAnT » Sat May 14, 2011 12:02 am

YankeesFan13 wrote:Definitely not 2 or 3. Those don't help you in any way.

#1 is questionable because beltre is a great hitter. this is his 14th season in the league but he doesn't show any signs of this season dying down. He would fit great in your lineup BUT, where does that leave you with pitching. It takes Carpenter out, now you just have Halladay. All the others can be very streaky, but are decent pitchers don't get me wrong. I don't know why you would give up on Carpenter though. If Halladay was having an off year the first couple starts I don't think you would be giving up on him like you did with Dempster and Zambrano. It is hard to find a consistent pitcher, when the last three find their groove, they are very consistent. So i don't like that trade just because you don't have the pitching depth to do it. Try Britton and Colon and Lowrie instead...?

#4 is a great trade if you want a pitcher who had a 3.28 era last year with a 1.274 whip and only 138 strikeouts.
His strikeout to walk ratio is only 1.95 when Carpenters is 2.47 right now, and isn't pitching to his best.
So i don't understand why you want to trade for Jhoulys Chacin but will deal away Carpenter...?

Trade a couple of your worse players and buy low like a Vernon Wells or Alex Rios or people like that who aren't performing right now but should turn it on right? I would try to go about your trades like that, don't have enough depth to get top tier players since the Kemp trade happened... which I thought you gave up too much there.

Let me tell you this though...It's not so much that I would be giving up on Carpenter, its just I am so far behind in HR and RBIs that I need all the help I can get. That would be the reasoning for the first one. The second and third are questionable, I would obviously do the Jurrjens trade BUT Liriano is very risky. But I don't see how you definitely say no to that dude (actually I do, its cuz you want Walden from me haha - BUT dude he's willing to give me a good trade and you're very hesitant, as we saw earlier when people said quantity over quality - and I say "good trade" because Anderson is an ACE [regardless of Cahill haha], he was an untouchable for a while until he got roughed up a little bit, hence the buying low which is what you suggest am I correct? Same with Liriano: he was ranked in the top 100 players overall in the draft, is/can be an ACE and if he turns it around its a WIN-WIN for me, am I not right again?)

Then trade 4 is nothing for me...understand this: Lowrie is not a loss for me at all - I want to deal him before its too late. And Colon is a risk factor, but Chacin has kept his ERA very low this year so far, and a 3.28 is NOT a bad ERA last year for him. What if I offered him this: Lowrie, Britton and Colon for Shaun Marcum? Is that too much too? Or how about Lowrie and Colon for Hiroki Kuroda?

Again, I understand you're point about Carpenter but what if I made the Carpenter/Lowrie trade for Beltre, then trade Jurrjens/Walden for Andersen and Liriano? Then I get two aces and a top 3B for 2 SP nd a CL.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic here either but I literally have no idea what to do dude. I posted these three trades on Tradebashers.com and 1.) got a 86% approval rating. 2.) got a low rating since it was Carpenter and not Jurrjens. 3.) got a 60% approval. And 4.) got an approval as well. So I'm not exactly sure what to do but I need to make a trade to help me in one or more departments.

Thank you Commons (yankeesfan13) and everyone else for the input..does anyone have any other suggestions/advice?? It would be much appreciated!! ;-D
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whitheadsuxs » Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 am

i like the first trade but make him give u some crap shoot pitcher back with some upside in return chris carp is lookin old and the changeup aint changin you need somthin back as a pitch if u can work it viewtopic.php?t=430446
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby woowoo crew » Sat May 14, 2011 12:16 am

Tough situation. I don't love any of the deals, but the first one is the only one I'd consider. Does the guy with Beltre also have Anderson? If so, what about Carpenter, McGehee, and Colon for Beltre and Anderson?

Help me please: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=430496
C: Gattis
1B: Abreu
2B: Utley
SS: Dee
3B: Encarnacion
UTIL: Dickerson, Chris Davis
OF: Stanton, Heyward, Polanco
BN: Arenado, Chisenhall, Blackmon, Calhoun
P: Cueto, Strasburg, Cliff Lee, Wood, Latos, Kuechel, Kluber, Arrieta, Ross
RP: Kimbrel, Uehara
woowoo crew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby YankeesFan13 » Sun May 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Just give me santos or walden.
YankeesFan13
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BiGAnT » Sun May 15, 2011 9:54 pm

YankeesFan13 wrote:Just give me santos or walden.

hahahaha iight well gimmie a fair trade!!
BiGAnT
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kidsilk » Sun May 15, 2011 9:56 pm

I would do number 1. Beltre is just going to get better. If not do #4.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=430625
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1233)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions