Cain/Hart for Volquez/J.Upton(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cain/Hart for Volquez/J.Upton(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cain/Hart for Volquez/J.Upton(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Thu May 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Auction league, 300 dollar cap, keeper league,24 man rosters, currently doing well in hitting as you will see and terrible in pitching. Points league. An owner offered me two different trades:

His Matt Cain($30) and Corey Hart($11) for my Edinson Volquez($11) and J. Upton($30) or just Cain straight up for Upton.

As you can see the salaries of both teams stay the same so that is no big deal. Would you trade Upton in a keeper for 30 bucks to upgrade my pitching and if so include Hart in the deal or just do a one for one?

Please help and leave your links:

C-Olivo
1B-MCab
2B-Phillips
SS-Hanley
3B-Walker
OF-J. Upton
OF-Kemp
OF-C. Lee
UTI-Adam Jones
BN-Joyce
BN-Maybin
BN-Byrd

SP-Lowe
SP-Volquez
SP-Tillman
RP-Feliz
RP-Rodney
P-Wolf
P-Norris
BN-Volstad
BN-Jensen
BN-Gonzalez
DL-Chen
DL-Esmil Rogers
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cain/Hart for Volquez/J.Upton(WHIR)

Postby jovenparque » Thu May 12, 2011 5:30 pm

you need to ride joyce while he's hot. back to back homers and 1 for 3 with 2BB and 2R today.

anyway, your OF looks a little weak.

i'm not a fan of volq because he issues too many walks and does not go deep into games. i would take hart for volquez, even though i think hart is a high strikeout guy. he'll provide power, which i think you need.

i love matt cain, and he was the best pitcher for my giants last year. he was also ridiculous during the WS run. i am very biased. on one hand, you are full of OF, so trading away Upton doesn't look that bad. i actually think hart and upton have similar value. so hart replaces upton, leaving you with Hart, Kemp, Jones. That's not a bad OF, but that depends on how deep your league is.

i think cain is the best player. if i were in your position, i would be more willing to do the 2 for 2 instead of cain for upton.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballboy » Thu May 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Not big on Cain. If you're gonna move Upton you need to step up into the next tier: Lester, Kershaw, Verlander, etc. And by the way - Volquez is WAY overrated (too many walks) Who's on your WW? Got to be better choices then Edison.
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jovenparque » Thu May 12, 2011 5:42 pm

baseballboy wrote:Not big on Cain. If you're gonna move Upton you need to step up into the next tier: Lester, Kershaw, Verlander, etc. And by the way - Volquez is WAY overrated (too many walks) Who's on your WW? Got to be better choices then Edison.

i'm curious as to why you value j upton so highly. for me, i would NOT give up kershaw, verlander, or lester for j upton. those three SP distinguish themselves from the rest of the SP pack. i'm not sure about upton. he's a 20/20 guy (which is very good, but OF is kind of deep, especially for speed). i think there's a lot of hype because of how young he is.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whitheadsuxs » Thu May 12, 2011 5:46 pm

ill agree justin upton every year is getting better and better and hart they say might of had a fluke career year (i owned him for it last year LoL) kershaw yes since i see u need pitching help i am intrigued about money leagues is it the way 2 go our league is switching to it for football this august mathew berry says its the way of the future that serpentine drafts n all that are a thing of the past ?
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kidsilk » Thu May 12, 2011 8:27 pm

anyone else? Leave your links. Thanks.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kidsilk » Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 pm

bump, please help
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 49ers2724 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Get Hart to go along with Cain. U gotta be patient with Cain. The second half the giants willl pick it up like they always do. Cain is a talented picther. He might be even more talented the Tim Linsecum when he is on. The young kid has some nasty stuff. I would get him and expect a big second half for him and pray hart starts producing like last year
49ers2724
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby 49ers2724 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:54 pm

49ers2724
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Thu May 12, 2011 10:00 pm

As you said, pretty even value-wise. I like getting Cain in this situation, and I believe Hart will get stronger, making the loss of Upton easier to take. Volquez is waiver wire material. Make the deal.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 306)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions