Trade away Sizemore for F. Cordero? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade away Sizemore for F. Cordero?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade away Sizemore for F. Cordero?

Postby BostonBK7 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:18 pm

What do you guys think? I'd be giving away my Sizemore and getting Francisco Cordero. In in a 12-team Roto 5x5 mixed league. I have 3 closers, but Bailey has been on the DL all season so I'm definitely struggling with saves and could use another close to help catch me up. Here's my team:

C- K. Suzuki
1B- Smoak
2B- Kendrick
3B- Chipper
SS- Hanley
OF- Kemp
OF- Suzuki
OF- Sizemore
Util- Kubel
Bench- Mark Reynolds
Bench- Morneau
DL- Utley

SP- Sabathia
SP- Gallardo
RP- Feliz
RP- Valverde
P- Nolasco
P- D. Hudson
P- Masterson

Bench- Bedard
Bench- Bailey
Bench- E. Jackson
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade away Sizemore for F. Cordero?

Postby MaudDib » Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 pm

I don't really like this deal. Sizemore has been pretty good so far and Cordero has not. I don't mind you trading for a closer but I don't think he will help you all that much. Bailey should be back fairly soon and it will still be his job so I am not sure you should start worrying about saves just yet.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby BostonBK7 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:25 pm

2.30 ERA and 1.02 WHIP is good...he had that one blip May 7th, but other than that he's been very good and is on a great team. I don't think I need to be worrying too much about saves yet either, but it seems like decent value for Sizemore who probably won't run much and is still an injury risk. Anyone else have any thoughts?
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:33 pm

I'd keep Sizemore. Feliz and Valverde are already strong options at closer, and Bailey will be as well once he's healthy.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jovenparque » Thu May 12, 2011 2:42 pm

if i were to give up sizemore, the only reason i'd do it for a guy like cordero is because it's sizemore. if you somehow hid sizemore's name from me then i would never pull the trigger on the trade. but now with his knee contusion or whatever and given his history, you might thank yourself later for getting some value out of him. this is a tough call, but i think the presumption should be against trading away a productive OF for a (what i think) is a mediocre closer. can the name "sizemore" rebut that presumption? if it's any name, it should be that one, but this is super tough. you can take your chances with closers later (play the LAD or STL closer game...) and there's something like 20 weeks of roto left.

so after rambling on aimlessly, i would target a closer if you need one. but i might aim a bit higher. and the only reason i'm willing to give up a potentially elite OF is because of the dude at issue. this might be confirmation bias at work, but some guys like cruz, hamilton, etc. just get injured a lot. i think sizemore is one of them.
jovenparque
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Thu May 12, 2011 4:47 pm

BostonBK7 wrote:2.30 ERA and 1.02 WHIP is good...he had that one blip May 7th, but other than that he's been very good and is on a great team. I don't think I need to be worrying too much about saves yet either, but it seems like decent value for Sizemore who probably won't run much and is still an injury risk. Anyone else have any thoughts?

That isn't bad. My mistake, for some reason i thought he had blown more saves than that. So I would say he this would be a fine trade.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby kidsilk » Thu May 12, 2011 5:15 pm

I would keep Sizemore and hope for more or that he isnt going to be hurt again for the season.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=430333
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions