5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gas.

Poll ended at Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 am

Wait until you leave the room?
29%
lift a cheek and let it out as silently as possible?
71%

Total votes : 14

Re: 5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby Tennessee Jed » Thu May 12, 2011 10:53 am

Where's the poll option for secretly locking every exit so no one can escape and all must suffer the deadly consequences of last night's Indian take-out?
Tennessee Jed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu May 12, 2011 11:20 am

wrveres wrote:
bigken117 wrote:starting Lowe @ Was today

yesterday was a big day for the defending champion Hot Stove Red Sox 24/54 (that's .444) 16 R, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 3 SB to jump up 16.5 points. That's why we stay the course after a rough April.
i was wondering if you were going to say something. nice friggin day

Yeah, what's up with these huge days lately? COL had a similar day two days ago. I'm patiently waiting my turn. :-D

I have no SPs starting today or tomorrow, although I am tempted to pick up Dillon Gee for tomorrow. Probably a bad idea. :*)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby saemick » Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Also how the hell did Wolf give up 5 runs to SDP, have they scored that many the rest of the season? Good for a -11. :-t

maybe he wasn't that bad... maybe we're just witnessing the beginning of the power surge from the offensively proficient Fathers...
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby garf112 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Wow. A leaguemate of mine just dropped Masterson. I know he is due for an ERA correction, but I am betting on his skills having improved this year. BB rate down, K rate up, HR rate down. I have #1 waiver and the best pitching in the league, but I am seriously thinking about putting in a claim for him... hmmmm.... I should probably just stay away.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 12, 2011 1:58 pm

wrveres wrote:he strikes me as a 275/5/25 guy. 100 runs every few years. what am i missing?
Josh Shepardson: The expected heir apparent to Carl Crawford in Tampa, Desmond Jennings has continued to showcase why he is considered an upper echelon prospect and a person of interest in fantasy circles.

Probably 275/5/40 type of guy with superb defense. Crawford lite with less homers but possibly a little better OBP due to him being able to take a walk.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Padsin05 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Harper is on an absolute tear right now, it just hasnt stopped, but over his last 15 games

Bryce Harper had a career day for Single-A Hagerstown on Wednesday, going 4-for-5 with a grand slam.
He also extended his hitting streak to 15 games, during which he's hitting .492. With a cumulative .396/.472/.712 batting line, Harper is matching or exceeding all expectations so far. May 12, 1:55 AM
Source: MILB.com
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 12)

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Shields just won't quit.

7 IP 7 K 1.14 WHIP and a potential win. I am definitely going to try and sell high now though, I just don't believe a lifetime above average guy is now an unstoppable ace.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 12, 2011 2:53 pm

ugh forgot to insert shields in the lineup in one league... :-/
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby cs3 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:26 pm

anyone else notice that most of Dan Hudsons problems come when he's ahead in count on the batter?
Granted ive only seen him pitch 3 times this yr, but i keep seeing the same pattern.
he gets way ahead in the count, 0-2 or 1-2 then lays in a BP fastball right down the middle or a hanging slider with a HitMe sign taped to it.

Happend again today. Ross doubled, then Nate Shietholtz quickly goes to 0-2. Next pitch is a fastball belt-high, right down broadway that Schitholtz smashes into right center... Is he always bad at putting hitters away?
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cs3 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:31 pm

also Parra is having a LOL awesome inning...
First he hits a blast to right center off the wall and Schierholtz makes a spectacular play to inexplicably throw him out at 2B.
Then in the bottom half of the inning a routine fly ball is hit to center, Parra camps out under it... and just drops it. Goes for a 3 bag error and completey screws up Hudson's rythym
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers