5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gas.

Poll ended at Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 am

Wait until you leave the room?
29%
lift a cheek and let it out as silently as possible?
71%

Total votes : 14

5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby wrveres » Thu May 12, 2011 5:44 am

Is this cheating? Id like to get everybody on the record before the New York Daily news freaks out. kthnks.
Nick Collias: What's to explain Colon's resurgence, at age 37 and after five years dominated by shoulder and elbow problems? According to a story in the Dominican daily Diario Libre, the new life in Colon's arm could be partially attributable to two treatments of stem cells - or "células madre" as they're called in the Dominican Republic, where Colon had the procedures. The doctors, Sergio Guzman and Leonel Liriano, told the newspaper they had envisioned using the treatment on Pedro Martinez, but they also sent "an invitation" out to Colon, which he accepted in March 2010. (Pedro's invitation, the article says, is still open). Guzman was quick to insist, though, that when they took fatty tissue and bone marrow from Colon's hip and injected it into injured tissues in his rotator cuff and elsewhere in his right shoulder, they weren't doing anything revolutionary. "We have not invented anything, nor have we done anything new. This is being done the world over," Guzman explained. "We received some training overseas to handle this type of things. Harvard University donated the centrifuges. This is no invention. What we do is take a little bit of bone marrow and we put it into an affected area."
Grey's greatest hits
Grey: Grady Sizemore – It’s the return of Wounded Knee. Sizemore went for an MRI for his knee pain. In other news, water is wet, taco diarrhea burns and astronaut ice cream is delicious. If you own Sizemore, consider therapy to find out why you keep trying to hurt yourself with your life choices.

“Why’s everyone in my living room? I was just going to move Sizemore to my bench.”
“Billy, have you thought about trading Sizemore for a pitcher?”
“No! He makes me feel special! I hate all of you!”
“Why can’t you just do crank like your brother?!”

That’s you on the show Intervention when your family confronts you about your fantasy draft choices. Now Sizemore’s MRI says (yes, the MRI talks) his knee is fine. Right. So let him play a few days, then you trade him. He’s not going to run this year, so what do you have with Grady? You have Beltran, Jason Kubel or a host of other some power, no speed outfielders. You don’t have the 30/30 Sizemore of yesteryear (2008).
Updated Pitcher Rankings
Minor League Pitcher Watch
Fantasy Baseball Dugout: Kyle Gibson, SP, Twins — The Twins have been surprisingly bad thus far this season and the Twins are not used to being bad. Kyle Gibson looks like a June call-up, as he’s thrown a near no hitter at Rochester. In 6 starts, Gibson is at 3.66 with a 1.06 WHIP. He’s struck out a little over one batter per inning. Francisco Liriano has been especially bad and if he picks things back up a bit, he could be moved later in the year, thus opening up the spot for Gibson.
viewtopic.php?t=430198&view=unread#unread
Prospect Watch: Lower Minors Updates
from Roto Hardball by Mike_Diaz: Harper has lived up to all the hype and more so far this season.
Bryce Harper, OF, WAS: .377/.459/.679, 11 2B, 7 HR, 25 RBI, 16 BB, 26 K, 5 SB
viewtopic.php?t=427957&view=unread#unread
he strikes me as a 275/5/25 guy. 100 runs every few years. what am i missing?
Josh Shepardson: The expected heir apparent to Carl Crawford in Tampa, Desmond Jennings has continued to showcase why he is considered an upper echelon prospect and a person of interest in fantasy circles. A true stat filler,
Streaking
Adrian Gonzalez went 2-for-4 with a double, solo home run and two runs scored Wednesday, against the Toronto Blue Jays. Gonzalez is 12-for-28 (.429) with five homers and eight RBIs during his six-game hitting streak. He has six homers in the past nine games. His fourth in four games
Hunter Pence went 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles, a walk and an RBI Wednesday, against the Cincinnati Reds. Pence is 22-for-62 (.355) with two homers and 14 RBIs during the stretch
Curtis Granderson went 2-for-5 with his league-leading 12th home run Wednesday, against the Kansas City Royals. He also picked up his third stolen base. Last year, Granderson hit his 12th homer Aug. 17.
Bryce Harper had a career day for Single-A Hagerstown on Wednesday, going 4-for-5 with a grand slam. He also extended his hitting streak to 15 games, during which he's hitting .492. With a cumulative .396/.472/.712 batting line
Not so much ..
Reid Brignac was hitless in five at-bats with a run scored Wednesday, against the Cleveland Indians, dropping his average to .183 and his on-base percentage to .221. Brignac has gone 104 at-bats without an extra-base hit, a club record
B.J. Upton will begin serving a two-game suspension Thursday, May 12. He'll be eligible to return to the lineup Saturday, May 14, against the Baltimore Orioles.
Mitch Moreland had a grand slam Wednesday, May 11, but it does not count since the game agianst the Oakland Athletics was wiped out due to rain before the game became official.
My Pitching staff over the last two days wrote:Scott Baker 4.1 | 10.38 | 2.54
Randy Wolf 3.1 | 13.50 | 4.20
Brandon League 0.2 | 27.00 | 6.00
Jon Lester 5.1 | 8.44 | 2.25

Good read not roto related.. Richard Barbieri
Last edited by wrveres on Thu May 12, 2011 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Todays Games

Postby wrveres » Thu May 12, 2011 5:45 am

Todays Games - Todays Weather - Bullpen report

Rays (21-15) @ Indians (23-12), 12:05pm  ;-D 
TBR: James Shields (29, RHP, 3-1, 2.01)
CLE: Justin Masterson (26, RHP, 5-0, 2.11)

Royals (19-17) @ Yankees (20-14), 7:05pm
KCR: Sean O'Sullivan (23, RHP, 1-2, 3.41)
NYY: Ivan Nova (24, RHP, 3-2, 4.08)

Mariners (16-21) @ Orioles (16-19), 7:05pm
SEA: Jason Vargas (28, LHP, 2-2, 4.68)
BAL: Zach Britton (23, LHP, 5-2, 2.93)

Cardinals (21-16) @ Cubs (16-19), 2:20pm
STL: Jaime Garcia (24, LHP, 4-0, 1.99)
CHC: Casey Coleman (23, RHP, 1-2, 6.29)

Mets (16-20) @ Rockies (19-15), 3:10pm
NYM: Jonathon Niese (24, LHP, 1-4, 4.71)
COL: Ubaldo Jimenez (27, RHP, 0-2, 5.88)

D'backs (15-20) @ Giants (20-16), 3:45pm ;-D
ARI: Daniel Hudson (24, RHP, 3-4, 4.47)
SFG: Matt Cain (26, RHP, 2-2, 3.38)

Dodgers (18-20) @ Pirates (18-19), 7:05pm
LAD: Jon Garland (31, RHP, 1-2, 3.66)
PIT: Charlie Morton (27, RHP, 4-1, 3.13)

Nationals (18-18) @ Braves (20-18), 7:10pm
WSN: Jordan Zimmerman(n) (25, RHP, 2-4, 4.10) two n's
ATL: Derek Lowe (38, RHP, 3-3, 3.22)
Last edited by wrveres on Thu May 12, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 5/11 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby wrveres » Thu May 12, 2011 5:50 am

oops i missed huff's ding dong.
sorry aubrey.
if you hit two this weekend, we'll have a huffapalooza.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: 5/11 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby jpbusta » Thu May 12, 2011 5:52 am

two FA pick ups that I missed this season which makes me angry.

Beachy and Madson. :~(
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Re: 5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby AussieDodger » Thu May 12, 2011 6:26 am

wrveres wrote:Grey: Grady Sizemore – It’s the return of Wounded Knee. Sizemore went for an MRI for his knee pain. In other news, water is wet, taco diarrhea burns and astronaut ice cream is delicious. If you own Sizemore, consider therapy to find out why you keep trying to hurt yourself with your life choices.

“Why’s everyone in my living room? I was just going to move Sizemore to my bench.”
“Billy, have you thought about trading Sizemore for a pitcher?”
“No! He makes me feel special! I hate all of you!”
“Why can’t you just do crank like your brother?!”

That’s you on the show Intervention when your family confronts you about your fantasy draft choices. Now Sizemore’s MRI says (yes, the MRI talks) his knee is fine. Right. So let him play a few days, then you trade him. He’s not going to run this year, so what do you have with Grady? You have Beltran, Jason Kubel or a host of other some power, no speed outfielders. You don’t have the 30/30 Sizemore of yesteryear (2008).

Grady has "allegedly" been quite apprehensive when sliding (because he's seriously hurt himself twice doing it), so it's not surprising he's butchered one.

BUT:

http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.htm?id=6954

Sizemore underwent a precautionary MRI on his jammed right knee Wednesday that confirmed he suffered no structural damage and only has a bruise that will keep him day-to-day, the Indians' official site reports.

:-° :-° :-° :-o

And now for the "Why Are they Starting" stat, bought to you by David Eckstein's House Of Fried Chicken..........

Laynce Nix 2011: 67 at-bats, 0 BB, 21 Ks. 8-o

Start: Jaime Garcia
Bench: Jon Niese, and test-driving Charlie Morton from my bench against LAD. If he can start trusting his off-speed stuff as well as pounding the bottom of the strike zone....... O:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wrveres » Thu May 12, 2011 7:07 am

AussieDodger wrote:bought to you by David Eckstein's House Of Fried Chicken.
you've got tomorrows thread?!?!?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu May 12, 2011 7:55 am

Today's a Ubaldo day! Which makes it a drinking day! %-6
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jpbusta » Thu May 12, 2011 8:23 am

CharlatanSin wrote:Today's a Ubaldo day! Which makes it a drinking day! %-6

He just might shut down the Mets without Wright and Ike in their lineup. :-?
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 12, 2011 8:26 am

After getting a literal goose egg from Galarraga yesterday, today I turn to Jimbo Shields to try and stop the bleeding against the Tribe, as I face a two-start Roy Halladay this weekend :,-(
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:28 am

Starting Britton vs Seattle, Shields @CLE ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers