Improvements needed? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Improvements needed? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Improvements needed? WHIR

Postby Gwtaylor76 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:44 pm

I started out very slowly but have moved into .500 with two strong weeks. Head to head, 21 categories. 14 teams.

Each night we have 3 starting pitchers, 3 relief and 2 generic pitchers, that's why I think I need another RP. We don't track WHIP for some reason. Also would like some speed on O.

I really want to pick up some more SB but i don't know who to drop. There's also a few relief pitchers I'd like to bring in because of the possibility of them playing every night, but don't know who to drop. Here's my team:

C - Napoli
1B - Gaby Sanchez
2B - Uggla
3B - Bautista
SS - Hanley Ramirez
OF - Swisher
OF - Soriano
OF - Damon
Utility - Infante
BN - Boesch
BN - Roberts (Arizona)

Starting Pitching:
Verlander
Gallardo
Duensing
Ervin Santana
Pineda
Drabek
Bucholz (Bost)

Relief Pitching:
Brian Wilson
Walden
F. Cordero

There's guys like Beachy and Carmona I'd like to claim off waivers, but who do you drop? Do i drop big names like Gallardo or Santana because they've been my worst this year? Or young guys like Duensing, who's been pretty good....or a young Drabek who started hot and has been getting lit up lately?

What about S Sanchez, Albuquerque or Madson as available RPs?

Any help/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Gwtaylor76
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Improvements needed? WHIR

Postby HairyHelmet » Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 pm

I am not really familiar with your league settings but I think you have a solid team. I would say that you could drop Drabek, Duensing or Santana. I think that I would prefer to have Carmona, Beachy, and Duensing (I guesse with your league settings). As for the available relievers I would'nt touch anyone from STL. Madsen would be a nice pick up but his only downside is that he probably won't help for long with lidge coming back. Maybe I'd go Carmona, Beachy, and Madsen?....

Advice? viewtopic.php?t=430469
HairyHelmet
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Re: Improvements needed? WHIR

Postby Gwtaylor76 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:42 am

HairyHelmet wrote:I am not really familiar with your league settings but I think you have a solid team. I would say that you could drop Drabek, Duensing or Santana. I think that I would prefer to have Carmona, Beachy, and Duensing (I guesse with your league settings). As for the available relievers I would'nt touch anyone from STL. Madsen would be a nice pick up but his only downside is that he probably won't help for long with lidge coming back. Maybe I'd go Carmona, Beachy, and Madsen?....

Advice? viewtopic.php?t=430469

Thank you for the help. I think I'll drop Drabek for now....I have a hard time dropping Santana because he's a big name, but admittedly, he's been one of, if not, the worst pitcher on my club.
Gwtaylor76
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team