Interesting offer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Interesting offer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Interesting offer

Postby Surfs up » Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 am

I was just offered Albert Pujlos for my Teixeria and Utley. Albert has one more year after this year and goes back to the draft pool. Tex was drafted this year and can be kept another three years after this year. Utley has one more year after this year.
Too much for 1 3/4 years of Pujlos? think I should ask for something else?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 260)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Interesting offer

Postby Jarcaines » Wed May 11, 2011 11:41 am

I think I would stick with Teixeria and Utley for the longer service time. I would probably counter offer with a lesser deal and see what he says first though.

If that is helpful at all, please let me know that you think of this: viewtopic.php?t=430195
Rockhill Ridge Mariners
Jarcaines
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 11, 2011 11:46 am

Tough deal. I think I might take it only because I don't think Tex will still be worth owning in 3 years. I also think Pujols will turn things around this year and be the better player. I also don't think Utley will very useful in the future.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby Surfs up » Wed May 11, 2011 11:58 am

I just think of tex in that park when the weather gets better . Utley is an unknown at this point but we all know when healthy can be a force at a weak position.I'm torn. I would love to get Pujlos .Thinking of asking him to include Victorino for Span.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RASportsnut » Wed May 11, 2011 1:49 pm

On the surface, I would take the trade, but without seeing both rosters, can't give the best advice. For example, who are you using at 2B while Utley has been out (both this year and last)? If you have quality at 2B, then you're looking more at the Albert/Tex trade. Will the upgrade to Puljos help you win this year? If so, I'd do it.
10 Team H2H Pts Dynasty
Arencibia,Hosmer,Kinsler,Tulo,Bruce,Stubbs,Rasmus,Morrison,Beckham,McGehee,Lind,Lawrie,Zimm (DL),Belt (DL)Trout (ML)

F.Hernandez,Kershaw,Gallardo,Latos,B.Anderson,Scherzer,Marcum,Romero,Bumgarner,Matusz,JZimm,Madson,Matt Moore
RASportsnut
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Surfs up » Wed May 11, 2011 2:26 pm

right now I have M. izturis as Utleys replacement. hes been very solid. We use 15 hitters and 10 pitchers. no bench. normal infeilders. but we use two MI and two CI. I have Hanley at short and I also have A. Escobar as my other middle. i would keep iztuis and drop Escobar when Utley comes back if i don't do the trade. plus the other guy said no to adding Victorino for Span. Wants my two for Albert.
I need hrs and rbi. right now Tex is out pointing Pujlos. we can all say in the end Albert will be Albert but maybe this is one of those years? maybe he doesn't turn it on and finish with 42 hrs . 118 rbi and .314 ba. Tex is a slow starter and when the weather gets hot could match or excded Pujlos . THIS year. Maybe.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions