How much will third base affect A-Rod??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How much will third base affect A-Rod???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How much will third base affect A-Rod???

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:12 pm

Ok, enough of the Hideki vs Kazuo talk.

After seeing A-rod get smacked in the temple, and more than one or two just appaling field performances in pre season, as well as an ordinary showing in Japan against both Tokyo and Hanshin, Is it reasonable to expect Outstanding numbers this year from A-Rod??

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:14 pm

oops....forgot to ask what everyones take on Alfonso Soriano is this year???

Re: How much will third base affect A-Rod???

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:32 pm

Anonymous wrote:Ok, enough of the Hideki vs Kazuo talk.

After seeing A-rod get smacked in the temple, and more than one or two just appaling field performances in pre season, as well as an ordinary showing in Japan against both Tokyo and Hanshin, Is it reasonable to expect Outstanding numbers this year from A-Rod??

His numbers are pretty good to begin with but Cal Ripken said something to the effect of 'when I played 3rd, I got hit in the package, when I moved to short, it stopped. When I went back to 3rd, it started again'. That'd have to take some wind out of your sails, at least a bit. Maybe going out clubbing w/ Jeter will cheer him up but I'd look at him to be a bit less effective. Simply b/c of that. I didn't have the number one pick though!!

Return to Baseball Leftovers