felix for hamilton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

felix for hamilton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

felix for hamilton

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 1:48 pm

now this trade is crazy but this guy likes names and his pitching is trash send him felix hernandez and alex rios for josh hamilton i just wanna round out my outfeild

C carlos santana
1B billy butler
2b brandon phillips
SS hanley rameriz
3b adrian beltre
IF micheal young
OF ryan braun
OF matt holiday
OF nick markakis
OF bobby abreau
OF alex rios
UT justin morneau/carlos lee
bench :stephen drew dexter fowler rajai davis

P felix hernandez clayton kershaw tim hudson tommy hanson (5th spot i switch)
Rp leo nunez heath bell h2h league h r 2b 3b rbi avg hr bb pitching W L shutout save K era

my plan would be to just concede in pitching for wins and ks and go only for l era and saves id add andrew bailey hes a free agent my questin is could this work ??
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: felix for hamilton

Postby kaiser » Tue May 10, 2011 2:25 pm

I'd do it.

But with Kershaw, Hanson and Hudson, I wouldn't say that you are conceding wins.

Should I give Hamels to get Haren? Help here?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=430102
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby MaudDib » Tue May 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Not a chance. Most players struggle to find their power after a wrist injury. I don't see Hamilton coming back at his normal self. Plus he is a health risk for the rest of the season just because of who he is. I would let someone else deal with it and keep Felix. You can get a better more sure OF than Hamilton for Felix if that is what you are looking for.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 3:44 pm

but who would i go after they i already got braun n holiday the guy who sent me an ethier andrus package i didnt press the button on that because i didnt think it was enough

the guy with carl crawford sent me numerous easy take deals that i didnt and now hes getting warm the owner wont trade him

maybe matt kemp but his pitching staff has cliff lee and roy halladay with max sherzer in it

what about adam dunn ?

same owner has justin upton is this his full breakout campaign
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rjforlife » Tue May 10, 2011 3:58 pm

I wouldn't do it. Rios is turning it around (slowly) and you can't give up the no. 2 arm in baseball for an oft injured guy who went around the same pick as Felix anyways, then add in a top 75 pick. What's his roster look like? Maybe you could do Felix/Rios for Hamilton/SP? Someone like Cain or Gio or Bills or something along those lines. Then I would like it more and he may too if he likes felix so much.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 738)

Postby timaxman » Tue May 10, 2011 4:57 pm

No way would I do that, not even if it was a 1-1 without rios involved. As mentioned before hamilton is not a safe bet, as soon as I heard about his injury, a moved him for haren, and haven't looked back.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 6:05 pm

lotta hate for the defending al mvp just wondering i no hes inj prone but what if is his second half is like his first half last year hell be back in 2-3 weeks im willing to wait 5 weeks to get a top 5-10 outfeilder

he didnt except rios kershaw and rajai davis
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby timaxman » Tue May 10, 2011 6:16 pm

No hate. Just no reason to bet on an if. Felix is not an if. Also, OF is quite deep this year.
Fantasy Baseball focused twitter! http://www.twitter.com/arv3403 Happy to answer questions/give advice, just send a tweet!
timaxman
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MaudDib » Wed May 11, 2011 10:50 am

whitheadsuxs wrote:lotta hate for the defending al mvp just wondering i no hes inj prone but what if is his second half is like his first half last year hell be back in 2-3 weeks im willing to wait 5 weeks to get a top 5-10 outfeilder

he didnt except rios kershaw and rajai davis

It could happen BUT an injury to a wrist is alway a concern. It takes players a fair amount of time to regain the power they had before a wrist injury. So expecting him to put up a great half season is expecting a lot. Felix is the safe bet here. If you make this deal, Hamilton has to have a great second half to make the deal break even if not then Felix side wins. High risk high reward players should be picked up at a discount and this isn't a discount for Hamilton.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions