STEALING UNDER PERFORMERS and slow starters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

STEALING UNDER PERFORMERS and slow starters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

STEALING UNDER PERFORMERS and slow starters

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 11:26 am

got billy butler and ryan zimmerman for smoak and colby rasmus and jhyouis chachin (only guy i acctually drafted in that deal was rasmus at like 100th overall) other 2 were free agents

new deal is rios kershaw and rajai davis for josh hamilton this 1 id acctually be losing something i picked mildly high in kershaw but who cares its an 8 man league theres so much value in free agency pitching

MY team now
C carlos santana
1b billy butler
2b brandon phillips
3b adrian beltre
IF micheal young
OF ryan bruan
OF matt holiday
OF nick markakis (someone dropped him very slow start i assume itll get turned around 45 doubles the past 2 seasons with a 290 avg to go with it )
Of alex rios (someone dropped him hope he gets it going like last year here soon )
OF dexter fowler
Utility justin morneau
bench stephen drew bobby abreau rajai davis
PItching felix kershaw hanson hudson (5th spot daily spot i play the matchups switch em out daily) RP leo nunez and heath bell H2h daily league
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: STEALING UNDER PERFORMERS and slow starters

Postby MaudDib » Tue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

Not sure this is a good deal for you. Hamilton is unlikely to come back at full strength. Most guys after a wrist injury lose some power and I would be worried about that with Hamilton. Add in the fact that he is always a question mark for health, I would look to add someone else.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 am

Couple questions...... If you're hoping Rios gets it going why are you trading him? Not sure your OF can take another hit without someone to replace him right away. Hamilton is weeks out. If it's a shallow league why is Fowler on your roster?
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 12:19 pm

in espn standard leagues fowler is ranked 26th as of a couple days ago only andre either had more doubles than him in the nl and hitting infront of tulo and cargo all year i figure a nice place for runs hopfully he gets some stolen bases his avg finally stays around .275 he does strikeout like a mad man but he makes big plays

rios doesnt hold a candle next to our hammy hamton he got me to my final last year and the wall injury with 3 weeks to go or whatever cost me the final but that KID can play

its a shallow league when it comes to pictching because theres only 5 starter spots and 2 releiver spots while some people have like 8 outfeilders on there team and bench 5 starters and a few bench

im just worried about september nothing else and what id be trading again rajai davis alex rios id get josh hamilton and gio gonzales and brett anderson are available for the loss of clayton kershaw (realize kershaw is better than them but...)
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 12:26 pm

if i ever knew justin morneua was gonna get back on track i think my team would be ready for a run at our league trophy (sucha wonderful lil bundle of joy) i love kershaw and would rather keep em i just dont no if my bats are good enough should i trade micheal young while hes this hot or is this gonna be going down all year i cant afford for him 2 go cold at the end
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 10, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm not really sure what rankings you're looking at, preseason maybe, he's barely fringe top 50 OF'er.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 12:44 pm

according to espn PRK:25 dexter fowler he has 6 less hits and the same amount of at bats as ryan bruan he has as many doubles as matt holiday 3 less walks than bobby abreau more runs than adrian beltre LoL more doubles and runs than brandon phillips

i think u may need to look into owning dexter folwer if he isnt owned in ur league right now LoL

hes not as good a player as any of those 3 players but u gotta find those nobody guys that provide real guy numbers

he only has 13 rbis and strikes out like a mad man like i said but he has his place on rosters hes over acheaving at everything except what hes supposed to do with stealing bases
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 10, 2011 12:58 pm

A career 260 hitter with no pop and doesn't knock in runs. Strikes out about as many games as he plays. This year looks like pretty much what he always averages........ 73/5/60/14/.260/.753 He's striking out even more then usual this year..... 116 in 135 games, 104 in 132 games last year, and even more this year, 41 in 33........
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby whitheadsuxs » Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 pm

im not arguing with you that hes wild but he does alot of fantasy stuff did u read the list of names he has more in some of those stats and he only kills me in avg and ks on the bad nights he got 2 walks last night and the only rbi hit off the mets
whitheadsuxs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ahcryky » Tue May 10, 2011 1:11 pm

whitheadsuxs wrote:im not arguing with you that hes wild but he does alot of fantasy stuff did u read the list of names he has more in some of those stats and he only kills me in avg and ks on the bad nights he got 2 walks last night and the only rbi hit off the mets

You must be his agent.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions